3 alt wiring help

Ok I need some help, I've spent the last 48 hrs readin all the dual/tri/quad, multiple run posts. And found many many conflicting options. So here's my set up and my thinking, so please feel free to comment cause daytona is like 6 weeks away.

So ......

On to the setup and thinking,

3 180 alts, 2 on a dual custom mount and 1 in stock location

The one in stock location charging the car battery and running all car accessories with dual 0 runs from alt and big 3 done

The other 2 alts to the rear batteries(4) with dual 0g runs from each alt (4 0g runs total, 1 0g to each rear battery)

Now heres my dilemma , GROUNDING!

Now keep in mind it's in a civic hatch (unibody)

My options I'm torn between are

4 0g grounds from alt case(2 off each case) to a solid point up front AND 4 0g (1off each battery) to soild point in rear

Or

4 runs from alt cases straight to battery negatives ?

And does the other front alt need to be tied in in any way? Or can I leave it the way Im thinking with the separation 2 alts for battery bank and 1alt for the car and accessories purposes?

Thanks for any help in advance! Running outta time and need help to make it to daytona!

Oh yeah,

4 ppi dcx1500.1 's

2 ppi dcx600.4's

If u need to figure out draw

Edited by ir8st8

you have 3-180 amp alts right?

If so, I would do a single 0g (+ and -) from each to a single front battery. I would do 2 0g from engine block to frame (chassis). From the front battery I would do 2 runs of each (+ and -) to back batteries. There is no reason at all to keep anything separated in your case since everything is running off the same voltage.

That's just what I would do.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Even though the front battery is a small 51r yellow top? I just didnt want any bottle necking going on since all the amps are gonna be run off the back batteries. So I thought a good clean 360amps from 2 alts goin straight to the back batteries with their own individual runs would be cleaner flow. Am I incorrect for thinking this?

Even though the front battery is a small 51r yellow top? I just didnt want any bottle necking going on since all the amps are gonna be run off the back batteries. So I thought a good clean 360amps from 2 alts goin straight to the back batteries with their own individual runs would be cleaner flow. Am I incorrect for thinking this?

no doesn't work like that, you will be fine. Make sure you have a nice terminal block for the battery though. a bunch of 0g wires on a post looks bad :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

100+ views and 1 person? Lol come on help a brother out!

Run full lengths of grounds from rear batts to the front to the same place everything else is grounded or ground alts up front and batts in rear?

Also tie all four batteries together or leave one on each run?

Edited by ir8st8

I will say something this is a civic hatch? so an eg? I dont think its going to be possible to run 3 alternators in a 1.6 l engine. even with hondas cool eld, I still think you will kill the engine once a load is place on the alts...

steven.jpg

I will say something this is a civic hatch? so an eg? I dont think its going to be possible to run 3 alternators in a 1.6 l engine. even with hondas cool eld, I still think you will kill the engine once a load is place on the alts...

It is an eg,

If that is so, what's my options? With a draw of around 800a at full tilt?

Really need some help figuring this out ;(

In your original post it says you have 3 alts? Did you car die? if not wire them up and make a vid I wanna see where you put the third alt I removed my ac and use the pully from it for my second I still cant see where you would put a third.

steven.jpg

In your original post it says you have 3 alts? Did you car die? if not wire them up and make a vid I wanna see where you put the third alt I removed my ac and use the pully from it for my second I still cant see where you would put a third.

I have the ac ps bracket fabbed up to hold 2 alts one on top of each other... Just like stock locations of ac and ps and stock mounting to block...I'll take pics when I get home

They have not been installed yet, but was my thinking to NOT TO tie the 2 alts into the factory harness and leave the 3rd alt in stock location with stock plug controlling the car and front battery like normal. And have the 2 alts run the rear bank batteries eliminating those from the ELD completely

If I was running a 16v system I'd have to isolate it then correct?

Will this work?

Edited by ir8st8