Boosting up my mid bass

dmanson

Well guys i installed some fatmat on my front doors .... inside of door and outer part behind door panel. anyways my mid bass still doesn't sound as good. i left the openings uncovered. i see most people doing the inside of the door and completely covering the exposed side behind the panel. my high/mids amp is set to HP and i've tried AP, no luck. anyways any advice would be nice. thanks in advance.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Gotta seal up them holes brotha. Im having the same problem right now. Do that first before spending money on new speakers.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Gotta seal up them holes brotha. Im having the same problem right now. Do that first before spending money on new speakers.

You mean so the speakers are sealed from the door cavity?

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

You mean so the speakers are sealed from the door cavity?

no, you want to make the door cavity the enclosure if that makes sense.

Eclipse cd7000

It makes sense but not when yousaid seal the holes. What holes?

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

42172771_9fc086d623.jpg?v=0

see how you can see straight through the plastic to the front (outside) of the door? Thats supposed to be covered or "sealed" with wood/sound deadener to make the inside of there act like an enclosure.

Eclipse cd7000

Well it all makes since now, I have a pretty good bit of sound deadner left so I'll seal up the openings. I have two 6.5components in each door so it should get pretty loud which it does and they are the RFT162s and a set of crescendo 6.5s. I know its been asked before but what's a good place for the xovers to be? So far I have them in the doors but I really don't wanna have them next to the amp and do two runs for each 6.5 and tweeter through da doors. Gotta get ready for the spring.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Well it all makes since now, I have a pretty good bit of sound deadner left so I'll seal up the openings. I have two 6.5components in each door so it should get pretty loud which it does and they are the RFT162s and a set of crescendo 6.5s. I know its been asked before but what's a good place for the xovers to be? So far I have them in the doors but I really don't wanna have them next to the amp and do two runs for each 6.5 and tweeter through da doors. Gotta get ready for the spring.

Have you got around to sealn em up yet? If so did it make a noticable difference? Jus askn cus I may have to do the same, I do got some spare second skin layn around. My crescendos move and sound pretty good but their lacking "bass"... Mayb its time for an actual midbass instead of components, couple 8's maybe..?

Rebuild in progress...

Have you got around to sealn em up yet? If so did it make a noticable difference? Jus askn cus I may have to do the same, I do got some spare second skin layn around. My crescendos move and sound pretty good but their lacking "bass"... Mayb its time for an actual midbass instead of components, couple 8's maybe..?

Seal the all openings in teh door panel EXCEPT behind the speaker...(Seen it before)

Ditch the Crescendos & get a GOOD pair of components... Look into some Hertz, T3, Focal, etc...