Boosting up my mid bass

dmanson

Well it all makes since now, I have a pretty good bit of sound deadner left so I'll seal up the openings. I have two 6.5components in each door so it should get pretty loud which it does and they are the RFT162s and a set of crescendo 6.5s. I know its been asked before but what's a good place for the xovers to be? So far I have them in the doors but I really don't wanna have them next to the amp and do two runs for each 6.5 and tweeter through da doors. Gotta get ready for the spring.

Have you got around to sealn em up yet? If so did it make a noticable difference? Jus askn cus I may have to do the same, I do got some spare second skin layn around. My crescendos move and sound pretty good but their lacking "bass"... Mayb its time for an actual midbass instead of components, couple 8's maybe..?

Haven't got around to sealing the doors just yet but I will. I'm going to order a RFT400-2 for the front components and use my punch 450.4 for the back components and tweeters.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Seal all the holes in the door as much as possible. For large holes, I have used tin, sheet metal, and plexiglass screwed it to the door. Then cover the whole door with closed cell foam to stop panel squeak and seal it that little bit extra.

Mine

dscf2192q.jpg

dscf2238i.jpg

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

Looks nice. Yeh I need to go back and cover the openings plus the front components are only getting 70rms each and they are rated 100rms each. Thanks for the advice guys, glad I got extra fatmat left over.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

What do you do when your speakers are not mounted to the door itself. Mine are mounted to my actual door panel.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

remember when sealing your doors, dont cover the holes inside the 2 panels on the bottom. they are to let water out that gets in through the window. seal those holes and you just collect water and mold.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I think it sorta has to do with brand of speaker's and build quality a bit, I have my Rainbow's in my door, mounted to the door panel, with screws that go deep enough to bite into the metal and I have plenty of midbass, and I have no deadener whatsoever.

Here is how mine is mounted in the door, they are powered by a PPI Art 4 channel.

05202010151.jpg

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.