Sonic Electronix

Ok guys i have a 95 honda civic coupe. I say this because i have sealed of the trunk and i now and gonna use that area for my box. I have 2 12in dc audio lvl 4's and im gonna build a 3cubic foot box for them. What size port should i use? Shuould i have it in the center of the 2 subs or on the driver side? What hz would you recommend to tune it to if i want it loud as hell as well as daily bump and comp? Also how wide should i make the port?

i dont think it would be optimal to put 2 lvl4's in a 3ft ported enclosure, sounds a little too small. i may be wrong though. i think a good spot for daily tuning is anywhere between 36-38hz. and the placement of the port is really dependent per car, it truly comes down to trial and error if you want to know the absolute possible best spot for the port. but usually any position will suffice for daily driving applications.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

i dont think it would be optimal to put 2 lvl4's in a 3ft ported enclosure, sounds a little too small. i may be wrong though. i think a good spot for daily tuning is anywhere between 36-38hz. and the placement of the port is really dependent per car, it truly comes down to trial and error if you want to know the absolute possible best spot for the port. but usually any position will suffice for daily driving applications.

If you go to dc's website it says to have the box 1.5 cubic feet for ported for each sub. so i figured 3.0 would be good after taking in account the port and 2 subs.

Your asking too much. You CAN'T have the best of all worlds. Pick one, or find a happy medium of two.

You cannot have something thats built for one thing to do another thing totally different that what it is made for.

Why does everyone insist on having a system that can be competition worthy anyway?

/rant

3 cubes is not enough for 2 lvl 4 DC 12"s

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Your asking too much. You CAN'T have the best of all worlds. Pick one, or find a happy medium of two.

You cannot have something thats built for one thing to do another thing totally different that what it is made for.

Why does everyone insist on having a system that can be competition worthy anyway?

/rant

3 cubes is not enough for 2 lvl 4 DC 12"s

Ill most likely tune it to like 35-38hz. If you think that box is to small then what size do you guys recommend then

What amp do you have for them?

Hifonics brutus 2400rms 1 0hm stable. i used it on the subs before. I actually just got off the phone with dc audio and im gonna go with a 3.5 cubic foot box with a port size of 14.25h x 4w x 27.6L tuned to 35hz and it should slap. port being on driver side. Now can anymore help me figure out all the numbers and everything for this box to get it to where it needs to be?

solution to yout tuning make it so u can switch out ur port. 30Hz for daily and w/e u need for comps. just my opinion haha

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

I'm doing a 3.5 cubic for my lvl 4 12s firing forward sealed off and 2 6" aeros through the armrest. I'm having it so I can attach 2 different pieces of PVC and change the tuning. I'll have it tuned at 40 with extensions off 35 with one set on and 30 with all pieces attached. I'd that makes sense

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.