Tigs Grand Prix Build

Awesome man, this makes me want to get a grand prix too. Put my BTL 15 in da bitchh lol. Looks sexy as fuck, so are you gonna seal it off? :)

Thanks, yeah its sealed off

I have an '04 Grand Prix GTP and I think you have just convinced my to put my XS d3400 up front and not in the trunk. I would love to see pics of where you grounded your big 3 to, especially on the engine. I have an idea of where I'm putting them, but I'd love to see where you did.

I should have some pics someplace showing my big 3 and if not I will get some tomorrow if it dont rain

Nice job with the second batt under the hood. I'd make sure that all grounds are utilizing the same spot. This will help with feedback etc

Numbers from the weekend? I'm guessing your peaking at 45-47hz unless your box is tuned crazy low.

Im tuned to 35hrtz and Im peaking at 42hrts so yes the box is going to be getting tuned differently for sure. Im thinking around 40hrtz. What would you suggest? Also I did a 143.7 at .5 ohm. I know this thing has a lot more in it if I can get the tuning figured out on this box.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

If your going for numbers you need to go for a big boy port between 8-10in wide. This will be tuned high but will get you the best numbers for sure lol

8" wide 20" long will give me 69hrtz lol and less length and more length gives me higher he hrtz..... So how would that work? That is way over my peak

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

I just metered my GP GXP this last weekend, dbdrag street class C. I hit 144.5 @40hz on music, and 146.7 @ 39hz on tone. This is 2 - 12's in trunk tuned to 36hz. :) I like your build and can't wait to see where you go with it next. :drinks:

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

Grand Prix are great! I love my '97!

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

Im doing away with this box and running a box in the trunk. Sub to the side and port to the back tuned to 42hrtz and I should see a 145+. Also upgrading my anl's to midi's and a mini anl fuse block. Still to some 3 runs of 1/0. Im getting my new box this weekend some time. Im going to test it out and be sure I like it before I make any rash decisions but I have seen the box in action with the same sub putting up a 147....

I hate country too..

No I didnt and I havent had a chance to get any pics either. Im going to be running some more wire soon so as soon as I get to it I will get you some pics. I have some things I need to change up anyway.

I hate country too..

Sub to the side really? I am subs up/port back. I need more port area, and if I were to brace across the rear deck and remove the sheet-metal of the rear deck I could increase my numbers I am sure.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

Sub to the side really? I am subs up/port back. I need more port area, and if I were to brace across the rear deck and remove the sheet-metal of the rear deck I could increase my numbers I am sure.

If you feel the need to remove sheet metal just build a wall!!!

Also sub side and port back has been tested and proved to be better than sub up port back. Having the sub to the side and port back allows the sound waves to move in circular motion utilizing the entire trunk. This is best with smaller boxes and my box is roughly 3.5ft3 after displacement. Some will say this is not a good size box for this xl but I never did jump on the band wagon so I do what I want and what is proven to be most effective. When I am able to do a 147db out of my trunk with no fusing that will prove a lot about this box design....Im not trying to bust your balls just trying to explain why it works and why people will hate on me for it but I go with what works not what looks pretty or with that everyone else says is best.....Test...test....test and then when you think you have it figured out, test some more at least if you competing and I am competing in Meca...

I hate country too..

Archived