So, should I spend my hard earned cash on modifying my existing guns or buying new ones? Tough decisions we need to make in life.

I have a Glock 17 and a ruger 10-22, both exactly like the day I bought them. The 10-22 is staying the way it is because it is fun and so cheap to get another & modify it. But the Glock...I know it would be real fun to trick out. What are some of the 1st mods one should consider making and what do they cost on average?

OR...start buying more? There are so many toys out there that are screaming my name!!! I live in California so cant have as much fun as some of you but there are still plenty of fish in the sea. Examples...my cousin got a winchester 30-30 & now I want one. 1911...wanted one for a while & but being here on this forum has made the urges much greater. Don't know why but I want a rifled slug gun for pure fun, A Home defense shotgun (really the next one I am getting mods or not, Mossberg 51663 I think) and it goes on from there

thought comments questions...in a world of so many options decisions need to be made carefully

2010 Rav4

Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 v.3 (2)

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

A couple layers of Second Skin

First system in years and looking for good advice. Starting small and hoping to grow!!!

So, should I spend my hard earned cash on modifying my existing guns or buying new ones? Tough decisions we need to make in life.

I have a Glock 17 and a ruger 10-22, both exactly like the day I bought them. The 10-22 is staying the way it is because it is fun and so cheap to get another & modify it. But the Glock...I know it would be real fun to trick out. What are some of the 1st mods one should consider making and what do they cost on average?

OR...start buying more? There are so many toys out there that are screaming my name!!! I live in California so cant have as much fun as some of you but there are still plenty of fish in the sea. Examples...my cousin got a winchester 30-30 & now I want one. 1911...wanted one for a while & but being here on this forum has made the urges much greater. Don't know why but I want a rifled slug gun for pure fun, A Home defense shotgun (really the next one I am getting mods or not, Mossberg 51663 I think) and it goes on from there

thought comments questions...in a world of so many options decisions need to be made carefully

i can help a little here.......

with glock, there are only a few things you can do. example, extended slide stop, slide cover plate, trigger connector, sights, extended mag release, and change the pins. nothing special there.

with 1911, you can change everything. you can even change the slide to a longer target slide, and you can even bob the frame for a different feel, look, or whatever, and then buy parts that work with bobbed frames. the possibilities are endless with 1911.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

You can also add a laser grip and Ported Barrel to the Glock ;)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

What are some average prices for the mods? Things like potted barrels are easy to look up but some of this sounds custom, yes?

2010 Rav4

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

First system in years and looking for good advice. Starting small and hoping to grow!!!

Yes modifying is always custom lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

you guys are killing me...

I'm a talking about things I can't do on my own. What will i need to have machined or worked on by a gunsmith? I can buy a barrel & slap it on no problem.

custom parts and after-market parts seem different to me.

PS...ive never broken my guns down past the cleaning stage and all those tiny springs and doo-hickeys seem a little to delicate for my sausage fingers.

Edited by lazyme

2010 Rav4

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Im just really trying to decide if customizing my glock is worth the money or if i should move on to bigger and better things that can just as easily drain my bank account.

2010 Rav4

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

At this point its really your choice bro...You can modify your glock for a decent price or if you get into the 1911 you can go balls to the wall and spend 1000's

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

you guys are good at making the 1911 sound amazing

2010 Rav4

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900