2001 Cherokee Sport Highschool Build

rcas plugged into the right inputs. sub output on the deck turned on? remote wire getting power? do the amps light up and just have no signal? how are the subs wired? just paralleled down right?

another thing u should do is upgrade your power wires going to the amps. it looks like you got 8 gauge going to them? id run 2 gauge at least on those. that 8 gauge is never gonna let them brutus git up to thier potential. its kinda a fire hazard to using sum under sized a power wire. but besides that u got a pretty good 1st system, hell of alot nicer than my 1st 1 but that was 17 years ago lol

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Fatmat has some decent deadner too

100sq ft for $130

Also when you can switch that second batt or for a sealed audio battery (XS power, kinetic, batcap, shrunken)

Builds looking good though bro :drinks:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

you can run that regular battery in the back till u save up for a nice 1 but just keep a eye on it and make sure u roll the windows down a lil bit when its warm out to vent the fumes out. them bastrds will gag the piss outa u when they git warm. stink like sum rotten ass eggs

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Not to be the dick, but I can point out your biggest mistakes

1) NO Fusing through your entire build.... You like Car-B-ques? You need a fuse within a foot of the front and rear battery

2) You grounded your amps on a seat belt buckle. An isolated ground run from the front to back battery is the best, but if all else fails.. The frame rails are the equivalent of 4 gauge... The body is even more resistance than the frame rails.

3) You didn't crimp any ends properly. A vice won't cut it. If you don't want to crimp it up properly, at least put some fusing in so you have some protection... If you don't have access to the tool meant to crimp the power wire, solder up the ends.

Good luck...

Not to be the dick, but I can point out your biggest mistakes

1) NO Fusing through your entire build.... You like Car-B-ques? You need a fuse within a foot of the front and rear battery

2) You grounded your amps on a seat belt buckle. An isolated ground run from the front to back battery is the best, but if all else fails.. The frame rails are the equivalent of 4 gauge... The body is even more resistance than the frame rails.

3) You didn't crimp any ends properly. A vice won't cut it. If you don't want to crimp it up properly, at least put some fusing in so you have some protection... If you don't have access to the tool meant to crimp the power wire, solder up the ends.

Good luck...

remember this is his build...........................steve doesnt run fuses :popcorn:

LOOKS real good though, but since you own a jeep and you are 17, im going to guess you party and go to the mall and shit like that.. so i would drill in the box and bolt it in the the floor, and also as for the amps i would use screws like allen wrench type or the crazy star one. because i know if someone wanted my system. they will have to work for it if they want it bad enough hahah

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

@Wood

Ill make sure to check all of that, I used the diagram the wire my dual 2ohms to 4 ohms for now. The amps do power up and the is power running to the amp, Im going to try running my ipod directly to my amp to see what happens.

@moonweezle9

Thanks for the compliment, and yes that wire will be upgraded soon.

@RickyFriery97

I am hoping the just one big kenetic or xs under the hood with be enough at some point, but as for now im flat broke.

@Blackedout

I was going to buy a breaker for my power leading back to my amp but I didnt have the cash, so that will be done once i have that. I insure you all connections were properly crimped with a 2/0 big a$$ crimper and then solder, I just had them in the vice to solder them. And ass for my ground. Where do you think the main bettery gets grounded to lmao? In fact it only has two ground on the main bettery, the body wall and the starter. My jeep is a uni-body if you know what that is and wont have a frame rail.

@Red-navi-916

Yeah this thing does need better security, I do agree with you on that. The plan was to bolt done the custom box I eventually build, but your right. On the other hand, at least I can park it in my garage at night.

Well thank you baby jesus that its not my subs, seems that it may be the headunit. connected my ipod to the rcas and had the subs bumpin but the second I tried to play through the stereo it failed to work. idk what the problem is but i never had to fuss with anything setting on the headunit last time.

EDIT: looked at the HU's manual and didnt find any answers. the thing is a piece of crap with one input output in the back, its likely something fried but it bothers me that I dont know for sure.

Archived