Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

You're looking for a DAT? *sniff* Do I smell smoke? Lol

I would look into an Audioque AQ2200D. I would personally get a loaded Q or 4in BL for it.

OldsBoomer had a Fully Loaded Q on an AQ2200D, and seemed to love it.

A 2200d is a little much for a Q. IMO.

Its rated for 1000 for a reason, as it doesn't need much more than that to reach its full potential.

As far as SQ, most people won't be able to really tell the difference in the Q,Bl, or BTL. If you want loud bass, the differences won't be real noticeable.

Power and box should really decide which sub to choose.

Posted

You're looking for a DAT? *sniff* Do I smell smoke? Lol

I would look into an Audioque AQ2200D. I would personally get a loaded Q or 4in BL for it.

OldsBoomer had a Fully Loaded Q on an AQ2200D, and seemed to love it.

A 2200d is a little much for a Q. IMO.

Its rated for 1000 for a reason, as it doesn't need much more than that to reach its full potential.

I knew someone would say that lol. I wouldn't recommend the setup to the average person. I was just saying that I would consider a FL Q because its been shown to work. It's not like you'd get the full 2200wrms anyway after voltage drop, impedance rise, etc.

BUT that type of setup isn't for everyone. I'm anal about underpowering, so yeah...

I know that it doesn't take much to power it. The Fi BTL is rated at 2k, DC XL is 1.5k, DC lvl 5 is rated at 2k, and the SMD is rated at 3.5k.

I used those as examples to show that subs can be powered fine on their rms, but some will take well over that rating daily.

I believe that the ratings are so low on some subs due to liability issues.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

You're looking for a DAT? *sniff* Do I smell smoke? Lol

I would look into an Audioque AQ2200D. I would personally get a loaded Q or 4in BL for it.

OldsBoomer had a Fully Loaded Q on an AQ2200D, and seemed to love it.

A 2200d is a little much for a Q. IMO.

Its rated for 1000 for a reason, as it doesn't need much more than that to reach its full potential.

As far as SQ, most people won't be able to really tell the difference in the Q,Bl, or BTL. If you want loud bass, the differences won't be real noticeable.

Power and box should really decide which sub to choose.

sense i am probably be part of most people. would you suggest a bl over the q or a havoc ?

look at my super internets it beast!

http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png

Posted

Still a rated 2000+ rated amp on a Q is to much.

I ran my Q on a 1500d for years, and it could smoke it on demand if I choose to.(Gains was on the floor, with 5volt preout).

And I ran it on a Addictive Audio 500.1 at 2.8ohm(dual 2 wired in series), and it would launch the cone on command.

This was the original Q, as I hear the one offered now will handle more power. Still, I wouldn't run anymore than a rated 1500rms amp on it.

Greatblack- it all depends on your box choice and power.

Sealed box, Q or Havoc, cause the BL isn't designed for them.

Ported with anything over 1500rms to with the BL. And if its close to 2k, the 4inch coil will be best.

Posted

Still a rated 2000+ rated amp on a Q is to much.

I ran my Q on a 1500d for years, and it could smoke it on demand if I choose to.(Gains was on the floor, with 5volt preout).

And I ran it on a Addictive Audio 500.1 at 2.8ohm(dual 2 wired in series), and it would launch the cone on command.

This was the original Q, as I hear the one offered now will handle more power. Still, I would run anymore than a rated 1500rms amp on it.

I'm not disagreeing with you..2k is a lot for a Q. I talked to Nick about the Q, and he said "The new Q's are a bit more abuse tolerant."

Whatever. We agree that the standard person shouldn't run 2k to a Q, so why continue debating if it isn't necessary? B)

OP- the BL WILL like excess power more than a Havoc

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

i have a aq1200 so thats not 1500 but i've been told the amp is underrated.

i can do either kind of box i have a suv. i've been looking up types of boxes. i listen to rock and hip hop and Reggie and what not. what box/sub combo do you think would work best ?

look at my super internets it beast!

http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png

Posted

A AQ1200d would do well with a Q or Havoc.

And ported should have more output than sealed. And usually people who listen to hiphop/rap run ported boxes tuned in the low 30hz range.

If you have the room and want the most output, a 18 would be best.

As far as which sub, flip a coin. Or whichever is cheaper.

AA is dealer based, and unless you have one local, I would just go with a Q. As there won't be much difference.

Also, if your looking for a little more peaky, and punchy, a BL will do better.

Posted

A AQ1200d would do well with a Q or Havoc.

And ported should have more output than sealed. And usually people who listen to hiphop/rap run ported boxes tuned in the low 30hz range.

If you have the room and want the most output, a 18 would be best.

As far as which sub, flip a coin. Or whichever is cheaper.

AA is dealer based, and unless you have one local, I would just go with a Q. As there won't be much difference.

Also, if your looking for a little more peaky, and punchy, a BL will do better.

k thanks for all the help man. i've been hoping someone who has heard them all could help me out. i'll probably get the bl i want good sq as in no distortion this is my first setup so i doubt i would use the q or the havoc like i am supposed to any way. and i do like some punch .

look at my super internets it beast!

http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 529 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...