Sonic Electronix

What power/amp, box size, and electrical upgrades do you have?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

If you're running 1000-1700wrms, you should look into a fully loaded Q imo if you want lows. They have a reputation for them lows lol. If you're running 1.7kwrms, you need to know what you're doing.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

If you're running 1000-1700wrms, you should look into a fully loaded Q imo if you want lows. They have a reputation for them lows lol. If you're running 1.7kwrms, you need to know what you're doing.

x2

My Q15 belts out the low lows, and its not even broken in yet plus my box is messed up lol

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

I own a 12" Q, and I've had plenty of hands on experience with a 15" BL.

I know the cone area difference, but the low end on the BL was equal to or better than my Q.

I was very impressed.

I've compared a BL to a SSD, same size, same coil. The BL was louder, peaked lower, and took the power a lot better(not surprised here).

But I'd advise a Q for anything around 1k RMS. Anymore power daily really isn't useful IMO. And should look at the BL for 1200+.

Unless your running a sealed box, then Q>BL.

If your looking for any bit of SPL dont go with the Q. Been there done that, clean ass sounding sub but not a spl driver at all. I would suggest a BTL with ATLEAST 1500 watts. I run mine off a sundown saz1500 and it sounds great, sure it could take more if you got it. Cant see anyone being unhappy with a BTL. Cant really speak on the BL since ive never used one. I repeat.. it your looking for any bit of SPL dont go with the Fi Q.

SMDSIG3.png

I know the cone area difference, but the low end on the BL was equal to or better than my Q.

I was very impressed.

I've compared a BL to a SSD, same size, same coil. The BL was louder, peaked lower, and took the power a lot better(not surprised here).

But I'd advise a Q for anything around 1k RMS. Anymore power daily really isn't useful IMO. And should look at the BL for 1200+.

have you ever ran any aa stuff? you seem to like them fi's i'm looking at getting something from one of those but i don't really know how they compare. i've been looking at them while i acquire the funds haha.

i have an aq1200 i want something thats loud and sounds good just wondering what you would suggest from fi sense you've had most of them. i'm trying to stay around $300 hundred but if its really worth in i can extend haha thanks

look at my super internets it beast!

http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png

I was very impressed.

have you ever ran any aa stuff? you seem to like them fi's i'm looking at getting something from one of those but i don't really know how they compare. i've been looking at them while i acquire the funds haha.

i have an aq1200 i want something thats loud and sounds good just wondering what you would suggest from fi sense you've had most of them. i'm trying to stay around $300 hundred but if its really worth in i can extend haha thanks

AA and Fi are sister companies. Fi is website only, AA is dealer only. In comparison, AA will be a little bit more expensive and they use the most popular options used on the Fi woofers. And you have a lot of options with $300.

EDIT: Not to be a nuthugger, but the Fi Q15 is right at $300 shipped and it will get plenty loud and sound damn good doing it. That's what I run and I'm running the same amp as you as well.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

yeah a know they are sister companies thats manly why i've picked those 2. and if i'd say sq i was looking at either a 18" q or a 18" havoc but i've never actually heard either.

i would say i'm leaning towards the sq side of things i want to be loud but its a daily so not going for spl just loud sq haha.

look at my super internets it beast!

http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png

Archived