Sundown Audio

Audioque AQ750 released!

hdorre

Internet price the JL 1000/1 is $400ish (original) & it puts out over 1K wRMS..

For the SPL guys over 2K watts, then these won't apply to you, that much..

But lets say a average joe on here wants some crazy SPL but he is on a limited budget...What to do?

When your talking a TRUE 1000w rms w/ 1500+ peak dynamic watts, you need a decent electrical system. Most of the time, a upgraded battery will suffice to keep it 12v+

When you use 98% of amps, when the voltage drops..so does your wattage & your amps pull more current. So your 1K-1.5K amp now loses 1/3 of it's power & could break due to lack of current....especially at 1ohm

Also at 1ohm you have the least control over your subs, unstable amplifier, and extra heat.

Beauty of TWO JL 500/1 amps... Run at 4ohms, amps run cooler, better control (SQ), ALOT more stable, & you DON"T loose wattage!

So your looking at $320 for amps, $150 for battery & you have a stable, GREAT sounding (sub/enclosure depending), 1K+RMS system that will play ALL DAY, EVERY DAY... for the average joe this is the best of all worlds..

For SPL comps, JL is NOT practical for large systems (over 4Kw)...

IMO you cant use Internet Prices for JL Gear, unless its from Crutchfield, as you will get no warranty from any other internet based outlets, and you cant compare using used equipment prices. So lets compare the current JL 500.1, which on Crutchfield is priced at $599.99 plus shipping, now you talk about wiring the subs to 4 ohms on these amps, which they will do there rated and a bit more at 1.5-4ohms, but once you rise above 4ohms(isnt hard since you already are at 4 ohms) the amp can no longer compensate for rise, and therefor you are now getting much less out of the amp than you had expected.

So lets see, the average joe isnt gonna spend 1200 dollars on amps alone only to get 1000rms.....And the True SQ guys are gonna spend more for much higher end amps than the JL as well as many many man hours on imaging,time alignment, etc.....

Basically my argument is to compare prices you have to compare brand new with warranty to brand new with warranty

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

In my opinion used gear is JUST as good as NEW!! Especially a amplifier that's 5+ years & STILL WORKS GREAT!! Bugs are worked out & 95% of properly installed amps work like they should....

Also anybody who WANTS 1ohm is not really thinking... EVERYONE wants a amp that puts out MAX power at 4ohm+...

Never had a problem with the impedance rising above 4ohm & the power does not drop, not sure what number it starts too but it's not been a issue... I've installed over 100 500/1 amps...

Geeeesshh ^^^^^ this again. Lol

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Ok I see what your saying. But doesn't give you the reason to bash on my babies :/ ha

Just trying to inform the public... Next time, let's get you a better bang for your buck....same watts, just better SQ for free..Oh & i'll through in a little stability since u don't have to run 1ohm...

I'm sure you like it, it's not a terrible deal...what amps that YOU owned can you compare it to?

So because you've installed over 100 JL amps means you know everything about every amp?

That's like me saying I've eaten over 100 bowls of captain crunch, so I know the nutritional facts of every cereal in the world.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

So because you've installed over 100 JL amps means you know everything about every amp?

That's like me saying I've eaten over 100 bowls of captain crunch, so I know the nutritional facts of every cereal in the world.

Lmao.

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

I don't know everything about every amp..I'm not even close... I've tested, touched, listened & focused on car audio equipment for 10+yrs

Specs don't tell the whole truth, but they can tell you partial quality... a damping of less than 150 on a 750w amp is not good.. Maybe if it was a 2k+, but not 750.

I've pulled out & replace ALOT of everbodys favorite brand...the JL always perform.. Sure i've pulled out 2K watt soundstream amps & the 500/1 was not as loud..measure 1.5db less (6 x 12" subs, wall in scion) but the customer was amazed how "stronger" it sounded...

The captian crunch line is a good one... :drinks:

I don't listen to specs either. I do my research before I buy amps. I look at clamp tests that others have done. And I know from research that I can get the same or even more power, at the same clean level, for less than a JL amp. Especially buying new. Because if I'm paying 600+ for an amp, I want to know it's gonna last longer than a week.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Ignore JL...I can tell it's not the favorite word around here :)

A new amp does not mean a good quality, long lasting amplifier...

What about a MMATS D200HC...

12.5volts

MMATS D200HC 1200wRMS @ 1ohm

You can buy these for about $250 on everybody's favorite auction site... so 1200+RMS for $250 or 750wrms for $200

Archived