Remote wire switch

Alright I know people have done it and there's a thread somewhere but I can't find it.. But what I'm wanting to know is if you guys know where I would be able to get a switch that I could put my remote wire into, so I could turn my amp on and off from there instead of having two peices of wire sitting there and just twisting and them together and vice versa.

Alright I know people have done it and there's a thread somewhere but I can't find it.. But what I'm wanting to know is if you guys know where I would be able to get a switch that I could put my remote wire into, so I could turn my amp on and off from there instead of having two peices of wire sitting there and just twisting and them together and vice versa.

Any common store such as autozone, advanced, orielly's, or a local audio shop. If you don't know the schematics for the wiring, i'm sure the person you buy it from should be able to show you how, or you can pm me nd ill put up a quick vid on how to do it for ya!

mivtCK.png

this is weird i went down like 2 weeks ago to do this same thing for my amp just havent got around to it..good luck with it and let us know how it goes!

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

what are you getting?

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

Take a 2-terminal switch, cut your remote wire where you want the switch at, put one wire on each terminal, test to make sure it's not wired backwards, make it look pretty. Not hard.

If you get a lighted switch, make sure you wire it properly. I didn't and the switch was lit all the time (they are usually only lit when in the ON position.) I just recently redid the wiring and now it works as it should.

Too many projects, too little time...

Right now I'm gonna be getting 2 dc lvl 2 15s running off a boss audio cx950 in a box tuned at 31 hz. Putting it in my car but I'm sealing off the trunk so I'm Gina have it where my back seats are. I'm then gonna get 2 more lvl 2 15s after I get all they stuff I need to upgrade my electrical and get a better amp.

lol I hear ya. I hooked mine up for lighting but I'm debating disconnecting the light because most of my lighting is blue and the switch is red <_< Never mind the fact that between my cupholder LED, my AC fan switch and my remote switch I have three totally different switches, all of which look like arse, all over my car :angry: ugh. What you gonna do though?

I like to use flushed switches though. The ones I used you make a hole wherever you want to mount it (I used a dremel) then you just push the switch in until it pops. If you're ever going to have to remove it though make sure you can get access to the backside of the switch somehow. I stealth'd my remote switch towards the bottom of my dash so it's out of view of enforcement officials :pardon:

Too many projects, too little time...