Coryf1989 Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 alright, first of all I know VERY little about sound systems. youre going to need to talk to me like im a 5 year old. I have a touch screen dvd player deck in my truck... not 100% sure which one off hand right now. I was told by a friend that the setup I want might require a 5 volt deck... I have no clue about any of that. I have a 2003 GMC sierra extended cab. I just recently had a system installed about a week ago. it consisted of a 500 watt amp and one 10 inch sub. Im not too sure which brands and stuff but I can get that info later from the boxes in my truck. they had to take my seat out, make a box, do some wiring, etc... it cost me 1020$ canadian for everything. its nice but I would like a little more bass and louder. I also blew the rear passenger speaker already!! SO... heres my plans. can you guys offer any advice? tips? suggestions? opinions? anything would be greatly appreciated. I want more bass, and a better/louder sound hence the new 6.5s" in the doors. my friend recommended solobarics subs and ive read good things about them. I can get two 10" 900 watt solobarics refurbished off ebay for 300$ total shipped. so thats 1800 watts.... I also play on buying a 2000 watt amp as I can get them for around 220$ also for a QUANTUM AUDIO QA2000D amp. thats for the subs. thats 5-600$ plus installation (2-300?) plus new 6.5" (3-500$?) so thats around 1000-1500$ already. then, I want to get new 6.5" speakers installed in both doors. they quoted me around 400$ for that which is fine. can I use my current 500 watt amp for these or how does that work? since im getting a new 2000 watt one? thats my plan.. it might be ridiculous or it might be pretty good. does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to keep it under 1000-1500$ total as I just spent 1000$ on it. heres the links as to what I plan on buying.. I dont know what kind of 6.5"s im going to get though. suggestions? (remember, im not made of money!!) I will buy the subs and amp off ebay and get them professionally installed, and maybe just get the 6.5s at the shop where im getting them installed at. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390290183236&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390248085546&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT I dont know what im going to do with the current 10" sub in there if I get 2 new ones.. or should I get just 1 solobaric and keep the old (new) sub in there too to save on costs? I ran that plan by my friend and he said it sounds good (hes not an expert though like some/most of you)... hes got a very nice/loud system and he said its because of his 5 volt deck, so I should maybe check mine or something? I cant even sit in his car when its near cranked, its unbearable for me (not others though).. the tip of my nose vibrates to the point where its uncomfortable and annoying, not to mention my girly ears start to hurt haha!! thanks guys, Hope I can get the answers and system in looking for!!!
Amerrricuh Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 first of all go by rms not peak with power. and going cheap is a bad idea. (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) Kenwood KIV-700 headunit 2 18" sundown Z.v3s 13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz SAZ-3500 DC power 270amp alt JL c2 650 AP600.4 XS 1200 under the hood XS 3100 in the trunk 1/0 gauge big 3 25^2ft audio technix ^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes! anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.
Amerrricuh Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 and instead of kicker you might want to look into DC, AQ, T3, SUNDOWN Fi, AA, ect. (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) Kenwood KIV-700 headunit 2 18" sundown Z.v3s 13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz SAZ-3500 DC power 270amp alt JL c2 650 AP600.4 XS 1200 under the hood XS 3100 in the trunk 1/0 gauge big 3 25^2ft audio technix ^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes! anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.
R3nOSlaPP Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 and instead of kicker you might want to look into DC, AQ, T3, SUNDOWN Fi, AA, ect. this^^ Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48 Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3” Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6 Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2 Silverado Build Log
Jbabycsx Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 Stop listening to your friend. He is telling you what people are telling him and they may be dumbasses. Hang around here for a while and read. Ask questions if you dont understand something. There are better/cheaper routes to good audio besides what you see in a local dealer. Brands like Audioque (AQ) and DC audio offer entry level subs that are awesome for the price they cost. If your looking for a good entry level amp look at Audiopipe. They are a good place to start for a first system. Components sets are easy to find for around $100. Search in the for sale section here and you can probly find everything you need instead of paying full price for new stuff. It wont take long to see which members here offer good advice. Send them a PM if you have a question so you dont have to post threads all day long lol. 2000 GMC Sonoma AQ20 FTMFW! 4 DC XL 15's Cadence ZRS-C9 Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's Bravox 6.5 components
Coryf1989 Posted February 21, 2011 Author Report Posted February 21, 2011 ok, my current set up is currently JL audio 10" sub and JL audio 500 watt amp. I did some playing around with it today and actually got it to sound pretty good.. to the point where I realized I really dont need much more like I figured. so, heres my new plan, would this work: get one more 10" sub installed, and upgrade my amp. then use the 500 watt amp to power my door speakers? anything wrong with that? thanks for the help, cancel the solobaric idea then!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.