Sundown Audio

AQ2200D Question

Ao1FTW

yeah man that sucks I would double and triple check all your wiring, maybe try a temporary pair of rcas to rule out the rcas for sure. grounds are very important.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

yeah man that sucks I would double and triple check all your wiring, maybe try a temporary pair of rcas to rule out the rcas for sure. grounds are very important.

I'll have to check the RCAs, but if they where bad wouldn't they just not work at all? Which would mean no signal period. And if I had a bad ground, wouldn't my amp not work at all? I will def check those both though. I could throw it in my bros car and see what happens as well.

2012 Civic Si Coupe

- Nada lol

3d7304fe.jpgDCSig.jpgaol.pngYoutube

without subs hooked up... hmmm... and when you turn it up... that is not the same problems mine faced... as stated, double check connections... still could be power supply... if it is under warranty... contact Mike at AQ... if it is doing it without subs, could be several things... more than likely it's an internal failure...

I'll have to check the RCAs, but if they where bad wouldn't they just not work at all? Which would mean no signal period. And if I had a bad ground, wouldn't my amp not work at all? I will def check those both though. I could throw it in my bros car and see what happens as well.

normally... usually if one shorts out, it will send amp in protect immediately... or blow an internal fuse in head unit...

without subs hooked up... hmmm... and when you turn it up... that is not the same problems mine faced... as stated, double check connections... still could be power supply... if it is under warranty... contact Mike at AQ... if it is doing it without subs, could be several things... more than likely it's an internal failure...

Okay, I'll be giving AQ a call Monday. Also just checked my subs out of curiosity to make sure they weren't blown and I can hear coil rub on one of them.. but the other 3 sound fine still. looks like I need a recone now as well.

Thanks for all the help guys

Edit: Is there anything I can check with my oscope? Or not really? Also, I have my amp mounted on the back of my box. Think that could have affected it in any way?

2012 Civic Si Coupe

- Nada lol

all mine are mounted on the boxes and I started mounting the on rubber mounts in case of vibration... As for the coil rub... usually that is sign of worn sub... it is possible that it damaged that amp... but unlikely since they have protection nowadays against coil shorts... I know one guy on the forums that had an AQ3500 that would go into protect every now and then and it turned out to be one of his subs... BUT... that didn't happen without the sub attached...

as for checking the amp with oscope... I do not know enough about the internals of the amp to begin to tell you what to test... you can test for severe clipping through the rca's at hight volume... that could send the amp into protect maybe...

Hey thanks for all the help! I appreciate it. I'm going to re-check all my connections again and if its not that I will contact AQ. Thanks a bunch!

2012 Civic Si Coupe

- Nada lol

no problem! Let us know what you find out when u check the rca's... also make sure your ground is secure!!! I have had grounds (and power) come loose... so, could be possibility! That would be sweet if it is that simple! LOL!

You bet dude! I hope its something simple! I've had nothing but bad karma the last 2 days! Getting old for sure, lol.

2012 Civic Si Coupe

- Nada lol

Archived