Sundown Audio

AQ2200D Question

Ao1FTW

Well guys my amp keeps going into protect mode..even with out the subs hooked up. Trying to figure out why. If anyone can help that would be awesome!

more info, when did it start what was happening when it happened, when does it go into protect like as soon as it turns on or when you turn it up past a certain volume?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

if it goes into protect without subs on, more than likely the power supply came loose and is shorting out on something to do with the RCA inputs.. (had a AQ3500 and 3 AQ2200's do the same thing on me and that is what happened)

Does the protect light flicker any???

Just started happening yesterday. I have had it for about 2 weeks with no problems at all. Seems like it kicks into protect once I turn it up almost all the way. Light does not flash at all from what I noticed and I have checked my RCAs and they weren't loose or anything.

2012 Civic Si Coupe

- Nada lol

3d7304fe.jpgDCSig.jpgaol.pngYoutube

Maybe you had a voltage drop cause your saying it goes into protect when you turn it all the way up. and it might of fried something in the amp?

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Maybe you had a voltage drop cause your saying it goes into protect when you turn it all the way up. and it might of fried something in the amp?

I highly doubt that, but its a possibility. My voltage is good, and I never let it get below 13.5 and it hardly ever does. I'm just confused for the most part, lol.

2012 Civic Si Coupe

- Nada lol

3d7304fe.jpgDCSig.jpgaol.pngYoutube

Archived