I have a 98 Hyundai accent 1.5 and over the past two weeks I started noticing that my car would idle a tiny bit longer when coming to stops and then my car would start idling rough to the point that it felt like car wants to stall out. alternator is good throttle position sensor new, throttle control module new. someone at work said timing belt could be issue.

It idles very rough at start up and randomly at stops but while I'm driving car goes like nothing is wrong at all. The check engine light is not even on to say that a sensor is out or something to pull codes to see what is messed up. At idle it kind of sounds like it misfires a little bit here and there too.

I hope you engine buffs can point me at where to look, can the throttle body itself be messed up I have cleaned it with throttle body cleaner from the inside too.

Thanks for your help and advice.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

you better hope its not a interference motor.. if that belt breaks your looking at all new valves at best...

that belt is supposed to get changed at either 60k or 100k.. dont cheap out get a new tensioner too..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

thats probably the best idea.. specially if it is a interference motor..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

the change is pretty straight forward but if one tiny thing is off WHAM you just smacked a valve with a piston def take your time and do it right if you dont think you can dont hesitate to have it done by somebody that has done it multiple times

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged