Second Skin Audio

dual L7 12 ported

Hello SMD! I would like to fire an external dual port system up through my rear deck for my 2 Kicker L7 12's. It is in a 2001 Chrysler Sebring.

My workable space will be 36" width x 15" to 17" high x 16" deep top 18" deep bottom with the subs facing rear of vehicle.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. each sub will be powered by an Xtant 6.1 mono amplifier.

I am hoping this design/dream will work!

TY,

Chad

A.K.A Kaotix

If you would like to see my old system and current ride I am listed on Cardomain unde Kao or 2001 Sebring Sedan.

Edited by Kaotix

I just returned from buying the MDF and port tubes. I bought 3 different diameters 4, 6 ,8 not sure what I was going to need.

Ant info would be greatly appreciated !!

TY,

Chad

P.S. The front of the box is going to be 3/4" Acrylic with mirror inside the box :)

Looks like I will be doing two separate chambers @ 2.6 cubic feet each. If I use an 8" port diameter and make each 1 @ 15" long, I will be

at 48.75 Hz. I got this using Torres Calculator. Box dimensions are 38.5" W x 16" D Top, 38.5" W x 20" D Bottom, 16" Height.

Going to be a big wedge type box. The front is going to be 3/4" Acrylic with Acrylic mirror inside. Please let me know what you think!

TY,

Chad

Seems if I go with a 5" diameter port for each chamber @ 12" long I go to 35.47 Hz. Does that sound more logical? Ty for the help

39.25 port area

Chad

Edited by Kaotix

Seems if I go with a 5" diameter port for each chamber @ 12" long I go to 35.47 Hz. Does that sound more logical? Ty for the help

39.25 port area

Chad

i dont know. but ill tell you how to find out. look on the lower right side. you'll see 2 boxes. one that says "port area range" and one right under that that says "port area". try to get the P.A number somewhere inbetween the P.A.R numbers.

Edited by Kranny

Very Confusing but trying my best :) As my wife laughs hysterically at me!

I now have P.A. 56.52 P.A.R. 44-64 6" diam port @16" Long 37.43 Hz

Edited by Kaotix

i would go with 2 6 inch ports 20 long thats 36.5 htz or 22long 35.5 htz , that 28.5 square inches per port , that 57 square inches total , that gives you almost 11 square inches of port per cubic foot , thats not bad

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]