Sonic Electronix

03 Acura TL Aftermarket Headunit Install Help

My coworker and i have been planning a small aftermarket stereo system for this car that he plans on buying. its a 2003 Acura TL with Bose speakers and no navigation. i have found these 2 items that SHOULD allow integration but i have never installed an aftermarket headunit into a car that has the upgraded stereo option.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120701721/Honda-Acura-Suzuki-Receiver-Wire-Harness.html

http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_10984_Scosche-AA1574B-Single-DIN-Installation-Dash-Kit-with-Pocket-for-1999-2003-Acura-TL-and-CL.html

any help would be awesome.

Yup those are the two things you need, they also make a double din kit if that's what he wants. You will lose the use of the stock subwoofer that is in the rear deck though, and the steering wheel controls.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Yup those are the two things you need, they also make a double din kit if that's what he wants. You will lose the use of the stock subwoofer that is in the rear deck though, and the steering wheel controls.

he's going to buy my single din kenwood, hence the single din kit. i saw a DD kit on crutchfield also.

i just got more info from him and he wants to replace all the speakers with new ones and he wants to get an amplifier for them also. so im thinking that harness i linked to in my first post will work as long as i dont connect the speaker wires to anything as the preouts will provide signal.

edit: can i get some confirmation on this?

^^ yes it'll work fine you will have to run new speaker wire from the amp to the new door speakers

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

^^ yes it'll work fine you will have to run new speaker wire from the amp to the new door speakers

awesome, thanks alot man. if anyone else has any more info i'd love to hear it.

you can utilize the factory wiring if you locate the factory amp and tag into the outputs. that will save you some serious time. typically stock wiring is sufficient if youre not trying to run a lot of power. as for the steering wheel controls, if he wants to keep those its a very easy installation. just buy a swi-jack and it comes with the instructions and all the resistors you will need. just follow the instructions to the T. you can get individual car wiring diagrams for that on their website.

edit. if the tl's are like the cl. the factory amp will most likely be in the rear right of the trunk. its a little black box. the speaker wires are going to be twisted together. so cut back the covering enough to see them and then cut and pop the speakers for polarity and location and your all set :good:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

you can utilize the factory wiring if you locate the factory amp and tag into the outputs. that will save you some serious time. typically stock wiring is sufficient if youre not trying to run a lot of power. as for the steering wheel controls, if he wants to keep those its a very easy installation. just buy a swi-jack and it comes with the instructions and all the resistors you will need. just follow the instructions to the T. you can get individual car wiring diagrams for that on their website.

arent bose speakers like 1-2 ohms though? most speakers are 4 ohms so i dont know how much power they would get. and ill definitely ask him about the steering wheel controls, you make it seem super easy.

most bose speakers are about 2 ohms. the only reason you would wire it how i said is if he was replacing all 4 speakers and getting a 4 channel. otherwise the harness adapter will probably have rcas on it that connect the factory amp to the aftermarket hu.

edit. just checked your link for the harness. that one just uses the speaker outputs for the input

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

most bose speakers are about 2 ohms. the only reason you would wire it how i said is if he was replacing all 4 speakers and getting a 4 channel. otherwise the harness adapter will probably have rcas on it that connect the factory amp to the aftermarket hu.

the plan is to get 4 speakers and an amp for them. but i havent seen a harness for the TL specifically that has rca's.

Archived