Jump to content

help with new 360 hdmi/dvi/audio.


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have the new 360 slim and I wanna upgrade to hdmi but the tv I'm going to use is only dvi. I'm gonna buy the dvi to hdmi converter but I understand dvi isn't designed for audio. How can I get audio to the tv? The tv has audio inputs (white/red cables) below the dvi input. I read of a "hack" that uses hdmi and the composite cables but you gotta break a piece if plastic off av cord to allow access to hdmi. If I can do this, is it safe for tv/360/cables?

Derp.

Posted

You have to use the audio inputs too. Or you can use the compostite inputs along with the audio inputs, you need to use them both.

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Posted

So just popping plastic cover off of composite case is safe? Then just do hdmi for picture and plug red whites into tv for sound and leave yellow composite hanging?

Derp.

Posted

Composite cables are the red, purple and green cables that look like the yellow red and white cables. Hdmi cable carries both picture and sound on it so you wouldnt need the other cables. If you hook hi def up with the composite cables you need the red and white for audio still amd leave the yellow hanging. I think we are on the the same page here. Im not sure what composite case to break off your talking about

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Posted

Thanks for the help I got it handled just now. The plastic cover I'm talking about is on the side of composite cables where it plugs into 360. One side of the cover has to be taken off for room for the hdmi to fit while using composites for audio.

Derp.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 831 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...