Can i mix rockford power series with punch series?

I didnt meanit as a component lol sorry for not making it filly clear

I ment that the 5x7 will have a more bass filled range, not like a sub or anything but it plays fuller lows but lacks a bit on the higher end as to where the 5.25 comes into play and fills the void

thats fine :drinks:

You can mix/match all you want.. You CAN even put multiple type of speakers on the same channel (as long as it's not below 2ohm) & it won't change the sound. The problem is adjusting each set of speakers independently from each other. Some might be more efficient than others & be "Louder" due to this... How many pairs of speakers are you putting in this car? Personal opinion bigger speaker, bigger sound! There's no replacement, for displacement!

One pair of GOOD 5x7" speakers or 5.25" components for the front...

One pair of 6x9" speakers for the rear...

I'm a believer of QUALITY over QUANTITY unless you want it just stupid loud for SPL systems...

This thread is full of fail... :peepwall: (mixing speakers isn't good, frequency response will be different in a bad way.. you can get cancelling, which means some freqeuncies are much quiter)

Southnash, if u are a believer of QUALITY over QUANTITY, then why even bother using rear speakers?

I would only do speakers in the front, use good quality ones get a good amp to drive them, position and install them properly.(stock locations aren't the best places most of the time, and you need some deadening to make it sound decent and have enough midbass.)

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

This thread is full of fail... :peepwall: (mixing speakers isn't good, frequency response will be different in a bad way.. you can get cancelling, which means some freqeuncies are much quiter)

idk if this way directed towards me, but I didn't say he could just flat out mix them. You obviously cant just wire the different speakers together.

If each "type" of speaker is on their own amp, what's the problem?

It's hard for me to explain over text lol

Edit: nvm, I just reread this the post before yours :(

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Southnash, if u are a believer of QUALITY over QUANTITY, then why even bother using rear speakers?

I would only do speakers in the front, use good quality ones get a good amp to drive them, position and install them properly.(stock locations aren't the best places most of the time, and you need some deadening to make it sound decent and have enough midbass.)

I'm a FIRM believer of using a proper front stage with a good pair of components.. I NEVER, EVER use rear fill......BUT

Being this is a HUGE car, he has a limited budget & it doesn't appear he even knows what a soundstage is...then more speakers will apply to him..

Sure you will have cancellation...That's why use SQ guys don't run rear fill but I always take what I want out of it... It's what MOST people want & if I told this guy to buy ONE pair of $200 components, then he will destroy them from the lack of output in this huge car...

I'm not disagreeing with you.... but in this case, more will be better, even with slight cancellation..

idk if this way directed towards me, but I didn't say he could just flat out mix them. You obviously cant just wire the different speakers together.

If each "type" of speaker is on their own amp, what's the problem?

It's hard for me to explain over text lol

Sure you can mix speakers on the same channel amp... NOT SUBS, as you never mix subs...

It might sound like crap & you can't adjust them independently but it won't hurt ANYTHING...except sound :) & it's not under the proper ohm load..

To anybody reading this....please AVOID hooking up different speakers to a amp & even using DIFFERENT model speakers in your car...it won't sound good :)

to add to this, back in the early 90's people use to run ONE amp for their ENTIRE system!! They had alot of other goodies inline to control the crossover points, levels, etc...but that's why the old Punch 50's became legendary!

Edited by Southnash