First Fiberglass Project, My Youtube Channel

Just posting my new project. It's the first time I have fiberglassed so its definitly a learning process.

Everything is on my Youtube channel, Scheufler26.

I will put links to the three videos I have so far but feel free to visit my channel and subscribe if you like my work.

All comments and tips are welcome, just go easy on me :peepwall:

Thanks guys :yahoo:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I would deff buy the circle jig if its in your budget and re cut those. Also so you dont have those tabs sticking out I wonder if you cut a circle then bent the tabs around them. Just a thought. Also all those over lapping areas are going to be a pain in the ass. Fleece has a lot of give to it. I would have started stapling on one of the back corners and stretched the hell outta that fleece to cut way down on the over laps. As for the bracing, I use dowel rods. They are super cheap and you can get them in all sorts of sizes. If I were you, instead of having that one big brace dead center like that I would have done two smaller in diameter dowels, one on each side. Just attach them to the base then about half way up on each side of the ring.

First thing is first tho I would definitely re cut your circles. You have more than enough material to re do them and try different ways. Good luck and welcome to SMD. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me and I will help as much as I can.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I have wanted a circle jig for a while but it just hasnt been a priority. And maybe I bought the wrong type of fleece but it was hard to stretch the stuff. I also didnt want to bust the skeletons. (Which I did on the first try....) Its my first time fiberglassing so I expected it to turn out like complete crap :good: If they end up horrible I will re-do them this summer.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Dont expect them to turn out like crap. I will post you a link to my build log. My first time fiberglassing I did a pillars... my second time, full door panels and as long as you have the patience things will turn out great. There are tons of vids on youtube with lots of info. There are some REALLY good fiberglass guys here that offer a lot of info. Also look at Fiberglassforums

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

d(-__-)b

You should look up on you tube on how to make a circle jig, its very simple. I might even have a vid of it too

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Ok I guess you guys talked me into re-wrapping the skeletons before I resin them up. I can only get better with practice. They are just such an weird shape that its hard to not have overlaps or creases.

You can kinda see what I did in video three (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rF29fXYvICA)

I started by securing the fleece in the front and then wrapped it over the top and secured it in the back. Then I rolled the sides over to cover them. That was the best way I saw to wrap them to have the lease creases and overlaps. Can you guys see any better ways to wrap them?

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Ok the pods are coated in resin and Im editing up a video tonight.

My new question is how smooth does the resin have to be for me to lay on the bondo? Or does it really matter?

I have done some sanding. The resin is smoother now but there are still "valleys". Is this good enough?

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Video four. Pods resined up. Things are movin' along fast.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Archived