sschrader Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 Hello, Been browsing the site for awhile, learned quite a bit but have a couple questions. I bought a box from a friend that was built to fit Grand Prix. The box is now in my 02 Tahoe, it holds 3 JL 12w3's. Not the best subs on earth but they sound alright. They are running off a RF-1501bd. Everything running from a Pioneer 4200. I want the box to be fit a little nicer in the back of the truck. The back of the box is angled as to fit against the back of the back seat of the grand prix. Sticks out farther than it needs to. The middle sub faces straight back and the other 2 off to the sides. Not sure if it can sound better than it does. Could I run 2 of them off that amp? It's sealed and I would like to keep it that way, I listen to mostly metal. Would rather have SQ but loud. Best of both worlds if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
bigmescan Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 In my opinion they sound the best when they are run in the 3's the jl's that is. You can't build a box with all 3 facing forward. You should have the space with that tahoe SONY XAV-701HDRF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd 3 Sundown x8's d22004 f150 single cab2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)stock batt up fronBIG 3http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74
bkolfo4 Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 A properly designed box can sound awesome - just as much SQ as a sealed box. You should have 49" across the back of that tahoe. Why do you want to get rid of one sub? Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
dwright27 Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 I do 3 ported around 40 hz with 12 square inches per cube. Should still maintain your kick drums and be accurate. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
sschrader Posted February 22, 2011 Author Report Posted February 22, 2011 Thanks for the replies. I do have enough space, I don't want to fill the whole back up with a huge box though. The box I have is sealed right now, but it's just a weird design that could probably be changed to something that fits a little nicer. And maybe sound better, who knows. I don't need to get rid of the third one. Just thinking out loud. I eventually want to get some better subs, but it's what I have for now, and summer's coming so it will be all about supermoto for me. But you gotta have tunes when hauling the bikes to the track.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.