Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

I need help on picking new subs an amp


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, so I unfortunately just blew my MTX Terminators :( and I'm looking for new subs. I'm thinking between Fi and DC for the subs. I also can't decide between two 15's or one 18. So my first question is how do the Fi BL's compare with the DC XL's? I think I'm probably gonna choose between on of them. And I was thinking an aq2200d amp to power them?

Tell me what you guys think I should do. Basically, I want to get as much as I can for about spending less than $500 on an amp and less than $500 on subs.

Also I need a box. I'm not really sure how to make a tuned box and whatnot but I have lots of woodworking experience and every tool I would ever need for it so I guess I just need some plans to fit the subs that you guys suggest.

Thanks for the help :)

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

two 12" Kicker l7 Solo-Barics

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

Pioneer DEH-3300UB Head-Unit

Posted

I had one XL powered by a 2200. Got pretty loud. The XL is a good sub. Never played with a BL. You'll have to do some searching to find any bad reviews on either company/model.

With an XL and AQ 2200 you should have ~200 dollars left over for wire, electrical upgrades, box materials, etc.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Posted

If you're running 1 2200D, I would say lvl4's over the XL's (this is if you're going to run 2 15's, for 1 18", I would say get a XL). The Fi BL and Fi Q are similar, difference being the BL is geared towards SPL and Q for SQ. I know you didn't say anything about the Q, but I thought I'd throw it out there because both woofers are rated @ 1000wrms, and are both quality woofers.

Making a box isn't difficult, jus go to the enclosure section and grab torres box calc. I made my first box the other day with great results.

Honestly, though, if you get your electrical up to par with the amperage you're going to try and pull, and build a good box with enough port area, any choice would work with awesome results. I believe 2 15's would have more cone area than 1 18, but 18's are the shit! So its up to whatever you wanna be seen running.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Posted

I think the XL will be a better match over the lvl4 with the AQ 2200.

ok, so I'm thinking I'm gonna go with one DC XL 18" with the AQ2200.

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

two 12" Kicker l7 Solo-Barics

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

Pioneer DEH-3300UB Head-Unit

Posted

I think the XL will be a better match over the lvl4 with the AQ 2200.

ok, so I'm thinking I'm gonna go with one DC XL 18" with the AQ2200.

yeah, go with that..and then make sure you've got a batt to keep up with that amp. Just curious, but what car is this going in?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Posted

I think the XL will be a better match over the lvl4 with the AQ 2200.

ok, so I'm thinking I'm gonna go with one DC XL 18" with the AQ2200.

yeah, go with that..and then make sure you've got a batt to keep up with that amp. Just curious, but what car is this going in?

2001 toyota camry. I got a big trunk so space for this shouldn't be an issue. I'll have to get an extra battery though. I already have 0 guage wire too.

Can someone give me a link to a battery that would do the job for as cheap as possible?

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

two 12" Kicker l7 Solo-Barics

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

Pioneer DEH-3300UB Head-Unit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 362 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...