Sundown Audio

smallest net volume for sa-15's?

I ran the proto in 2.5ft for a while. It'll work and sound alright but not optimal. Less than 3ft ported and it noticeably starts losing bottom end.

Bottom end as in the lows or power handling on the lows?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Bottom end as in the lows or power handling on the lows?

Output in general. You can only go so small before you start to really sacrifice your frequency response.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Let me pick your brains out for this too brotha's. What's the smallest enclosure (net) we can build for one sa-10" ported powered by one sa3kd amp.

On top of this, what will be the max net enclosure also for the same sub and with the same power?

TEAM S.S.C.

Team Serious SPL Centurions

df2c.jpgfzwn.jpg

Let me pick your brains out for this too brotha's. What's the smallest enclosure (net) we can build for one sa-10" ported powered by one sa3kd amp.

On top of this, what will be the max net enclosure also for the same sub and with the same power?

With that type of power if you were just going for a pure spl setup I'd say that .6-.7 cubes would be just fine. If you actually plan on listening to the enclosure then I'd go no smaller than .9 cubes. I've played around with boxes this small before with other subs and though they weren't nearly as capable as the sa10 in approx. .85 cubes ported per sub 2 Pioneer 10's sounded great and played into the mid 30hz range quite well.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

With that type of power if you were just going for a pure spl setup I'd say that .6-.7 cubes would be just fine. If you actually plan on listening to the enclosure then I'd go no smaller than .9 cubes. I've played around with boxes this small before with other subs and though they weren't nearly as capable as the sa10 in approx. .85 cubes ported per sub 2 Pioneer 10's sounded great and played into the mid 30hz range quite well.

Thanks a lot bro.....

Enclosure to be built for this sa10"s are pretty much for music which I'm not quite familiar since I'm more on the spl side. This infos will be very helpful for me.

Do you happened to know also the sub displacement for a sa10"? It wasn't included when specs were given. Was is 0.10 ?

TEAM S.S.C.

Team Serious SPL Centurions

df2c.jpgfzwn.jpg

Thanks a lot bro.....

Enclosure to be built for this sa10"s are pretty much for music which I'm not quite familiar since I'm more on the spl side. This infos will be very helpful for me.

Do you happened to know also the sub displacement for a sa10"? It wasn't included when specs were given. Was is 0.10 ?

I know that the displacement for the sa12 is .14 so I'd guess that .10 is probably about right on. The only difference in the 10 and 12 would be the size of the actual basket since they use the same mag as one another. I'm not sure how much a few hundredths of a cube would affect the actual box if at all so if you went off of that number you should be good.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

No problem, I hope it works out well for you. I'm sure with a pair of those little 10's and the juice that your gonna be running to them that shit is gonna wang.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck