Which school to attend  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which will look better to a college?

• Top 10 out of 105 students with little extra cirriculars
    • Top 35 out of 350 with a fair amount of extra cirriculars

Have you tried adderall? Amphetamines work wonders with my attention span.. I used to not like it, but I've learned the benefits. There are also non-stimulant alternatives, never tried em but I heard that they work. I was flunking outof highschool until I decided to get a script to adderall, and had a complete turn around.

You take meds and seem to be doing fine. Good for you. I say jus keep the high GPA and study your ass off for the ACT/SAT.. Apply early to college, that's when they have the highest acceptance rate. Apply for scholarships as soon as you can, I wish I had started when I was a freshman in highscool. Can save you a lot of money.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Have you tried adderall? Amphetamines work wonders with my attention span.. I used to not like it, but I've learned the benefits. There are also non-stimulant alternatives, never tried em but I heard that they work. I was flunking outof highschool until I decided to get a script to adderall, and had a complete turn around.

You take meds and seem to be doing fine. Good for you. I say jus keep the high GPA and study your ass off for the ACT/SAT.. Apply early to college, that's when they have the highest acceptance rate. Apply for scholarships as soon as you can, I wish I had started when I was a freshman in highscool. Can save you a lot of money.

I've been through every med and back and every dose they could try. Nothing worked lol

Edit: besides adderall is the good wife pill. Its pretty much meth in a pill. I don't believe in it lol

Edited by David711

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

I've been through every med and back and every dose they could try. Nothing worked lol

Edit: besides adderall is the good wife pill. Its pretty much meth in a pill. I don't believe in it lol

Meth = methamphetamine

Adderall = amphetamine

Similar in class, but not the same effect. Meth is amphetamine, but gives a euphoric feeling as well. Not to mention it is terrible psychologically. Amphetamines have been proven to help improve. But I respect your opinion, and I'm sorry to hear that there are no alternatives to your ADD :(

wizv.jpg

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Meth = methamphetamine

Adderall = amphetamine

Similar in class, but not the same effect. Meth is amphetamine, but gives a euphoric feeling as well. Not to mention it is terrible psychologically. Amphetamines have been proven to help improve. But I respect your opinion, and I'm sorry to hear that there are no alternatives to your ADD :(

They both are a amphetamine. I've seen a lot of people take aderall and have the same effect as meth. It sucks but I don't mind unless I'm working or school stuff. Starting college in may and I hope all goes good but who knows lol

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

I'm in college now, and even though I am back on adderall, I can say a lot of it has to do with self control and self motivation overall. I go down to the school library everyday, for as long as I can. I have all the materials to do the work at home, its just the environment of having 40 other students doing homework, in an area where there are just desks and computers, helps motivate me to get my work finished.

wizv.jpg

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

I really like the constructive criticism here. Yes I agree meds aren't always an option, although there are many different types and what I currently take is helping me quite a bit. There's a fine line between getting a break and getting help. I had no idea why I was doing so badly in school before I found out, and no it's something I can feel and control almost all the time. I try to work as hard as I can, I love being active and living a full life (I'm no fat ass with parents who just want to give excuses). I do like this school because of it's curriculum, but I really feel like I've been losing out because the classes I took last year were so much more advanced than what I get here. Another one of my problems/concerns is that I missed a lot and will have to catch up, but I'm willing to take classes during the summer to go back.

I hope you didn't take what i said as a personal attack. Its more of a rant for me. Im just tired of seeing these lazy, fat, ungrateful, and disrespectful kids. Still there are ALOT of kids and parents that use ADD/ADHD and other "issues" to make themselve to feel better about themselves or their kids. Im glad that you actually apply yourself and are doing well which is what others need to do. I say move to the other school and challenge yourself which will need MORE of your attention and force yourself to do well. Keep a good head on your shoulders and do well.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I hope you didn't take what i said as a personal attack. Its more of a rant for me. Im just tired of seeing these lazy, fat, ungrateful, and disrespectful kids. Still there are ALOT of kids and parents that use ADD/ADHD and other "issues" to make themselve to feel better about themselves or their kids. Im glad that you actually apply yourself and are doing well which is what others need to do. I say move to the other school and challenge yourself which will need MORE of your attention and force yourself to do well. Keep a good head on your shoulders and do well.

It sometimes is more than an excuse. My friends have told me I am possibly the most ADD kid they know. And they are very pleased when I take ADD medication, as I am able to hold my attention and finish a complete conversation. I don't act this way to be a doucher or because its funny, I just really can't hold my attention easily. Contrary to how it was back in the day, no beating was going to level out that chemical imbalance within my brain lol

wizv.jpg

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Have you tried adderall? Amphetamines work wonders with my attention span.. I used to not like it, but I've learned the benefits. There are also non-stimulant alternatives, never tried em but I heard that they work. I was flunking outof highschool until I decided to get a script to adderall, and had a complete turn around. You take meds and seem to be doing fine. Good for you. I say jus keep the high GPA and study your ass off for the ACT/SAT.. Apply early to college, that's when they have the highest acceptance rate. Apply for scholarships as soon as you can, I wish I had started when I was a freshman in highscool. Can save you a lot of money.

what kind of scholarships can you apply for as a highschool student?

I'm in college now, and even though I am back on adderall, I can say a lot of it has to do with self control and self motivation overall. I go down to the school library everyday, for as long as I can. I have all the materials to do the work at home, its just the environment of having 40 other students doing homework, in an area where there are just desks and computers, helps motivate me to get my work finished.

this^^^^ is a very good idea, I usually study in my room which is next to the lounge/tv but it isn't usually all that busy. I might try this though, thanks for the idea.

[i hope you didn't take what i said as a personal attack. Its more of a rant for me. Im just tired of seeing these lazy, fat, ungrateful, and disrespectful kids. Still there are ALOT of kids and parents that use ADD/ADHD and other "issues" to make themselve to feel better about themselves or their kids. Im glad that you actually apply yourself and are doing well which is what others need to do. I say move to the other school and challenge yourself which will need MORE of your attention and force yourself to do well. Keep a good head on your shoulders and do well.

nah I understand dude, I totally agree with what you're saying. I appreciate the motivation :drinks:

It sometimes is more than an excuse. My friends have told me I am possibly the most ADD kid they know. And they are very pleased when I take ADD medication, as I am able to hold my attention and finish a complete conversation. I don't act this way to be a doucher or because its funny, I just really can't hold my attention easily. Contrary to how it was back in the day, no beating was going to level out that chemical imbalance within my brain lol

hahaha I've been told when I'm being really ADD, but also when I seem really concentrated. Usually my concentration (and ADD of course) is so powerful that other students look at me and comment on it. The only thing I hate is when people think I'm being ADD when I'm just trying to be goofy or I'm talking about something that they don't get.. then again, this was mainly from my ex, so GOOD RIDDANCE!! lol

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

BumpinTL, I'm trying to think of the website, I will call my old highschool if I cannot find it. There are thousands of scholarships available to you. Want an example of one? A company that contributes scholarships via this website only asks that you be a "female, 6 ft tall, brown hair, blue eyes" etc just random ones. You can get ones for being the top of your class, there are some you can only get per grade you're in (freshman, sophomore, etc). The female one was the example given to me, which was $1000 for qualifying. Doesn't seem like much but who wouldn't want a free grand to go towards their education?

Ill try to get back to you on this

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

thank you very very much my friend. I'm not sure if I could pull off something like being a 6ft tall brown-haired female with blue eyes though :pardon::orly3:

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods