Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, this has prolly been asked 100 times but I'm apparently blind and can't find another topic like this lol.

My amp makes a popping sound when I turn my car off, and it also gets kinda hot and makes a little bit of a smell. Am I just pushing it too hard or is there something wrong here? It's a new amp so maybe the smell will go away with time? I have my speakers wired to 2 ohms and it says that it's stable for that, should I try wiring them to 8ohms and seeing if it runs cooler with that?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Don't laugh, it's my first ever car amp you gotta start somewhere right? lol.

I have the input level for both the speakers and sub set to half way, and the bass boost for the sub set to 0. I do, however, have my bass/sub level's on my HU set to max. It sound's flatter to me that way, the bass boost on the amp seems to only amplify the higher bass. My speakers and wired to 2ohms on the first two channels, and channels 3 and 4 are bridged for my sub which is 8ohms.

The ground right now is the bolt for my rear seat, maybe you're right and I should find something else?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

since your SUV has a frame you should ground it to the frame, the seat bolt is a no no. Also bass boost should be 0 om both the amp and the HU and you don't just set the gains to whatever you gotta be careful with it.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Archived