Sonic Electronix

Okay so today me and a friend went up to bestbuy to buy a new radio for his car. So we took it home and got to installing it and figured out we needed a wiring harness for a 96 Honda Prelude so we went back up to bestbuy and bought the right one but when we got back home it didnt fit into the wiring in the dash so we were kinda stumped and didnt know what to do. He bought the car and it came with an aftermarket stereo but it didnt have the aux jack so that was the purpose of the new radio. When we took out the radio the harness from the dash fit perfectly into the radio it previously had in the car so what i was thinking is that the people who owned the car before him installed the radio without a wiring harness and they just cut off the connector and just used electrical tape which the wires had on it to connect the wires from the radio to the wires from the dash. After all that we went up to Advance auto parts to get some crimpers and ask for a little advice and a guy said up there that we should just hard wire all the wires just like the previous owner did because it would be really hard to find the right connector or whatever to fit into the one that was in the dash. I need some advice on what to do. Thank you

The car is a 96 Honda Prelude

The radio is a Pioneer 1300

Edit: I can get pictures of what im talking about tomorrow if needed.

Edited by JordanSchumaker

i have had this problem befor, my fix was a trip to the junk yard . i found same year and model car as mine and cliped the harness back as far as possible, matched up my wires soldered them and threw some heat shrinks on them, hope that helps you out.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

i have had this problem befor, my fix was a trip to the junk yard . i found same year and model car as mine and cliped the harness back as far as possible, matched up my wires soldered them and threw some heat shrinks on them, hope that helps you out.

Yeah I know what youre saying but i dont know of any junk yards around my area and i have no idea on how to use a soldering gun

Just connect color to color.

All aftermarket decks use the same color wiring

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz