Mechman Alternators

No pix. It was the 120 main fuse that melted.

I would raise the idle but being in a v8 1000 rpm pulls decent if I was at a stop on my brakes.

Im wondering if this is normal or a bad alt. I have friends running 300s that idle 13.6 while mine idles like its not even there. When I'm on the gas I have it set to 14.8 on cold.

Did you ever get a battery charger? needs to have an AGM setting on it and a float mode. You can plug it in and then hook it to say one of the batteries in the back and they will all charge. Is your belt on good? Do you see black build up around alt pulley? you might have a bit of belt slip. the AVBM needs to be set at cold start but you need someone to rev engine up around 2000rpm with lights and AC on. Then while they doing that you need to adjust the AVBM little at a time and use a multimeter at the front battery and every time you turn the little screw on AVBM check voltage at battery until you at 15v cold while engine revved up. once the engine warms up while driving and combined with the weather your voltage should come down to a good charging level.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Also- like I said in the first post, you are never going to have good output on that truck at just 600 engine rpm. The turn on speed with that vehicles crankshaft pulley is about 750 rpm. Combine that with a huge bank of 7 weak batteries, and you are certainly going to have low voltage at idle.

A simple hand throttle cable will allow you to have all 300 amps on tap, and however much voltage you want for parking lot pounding. Trying to run that unit for long periods of time at 600 rpm is not going to work.

I always had a agm charger. The guy earlier doesn't know what I do or have. I'm not going to have a shit load of equipment and not have the brains to condition and up keep my equipment.

I pulled my bank. It was and still to this day is just off of a single red top.

Well if your saying it won't do anything under 750 rpm ill have to live with that. I still don't understand why my friends 300 amp idles at 13.6 at 600 rpm with a large bank. It just goes against everything your telling me which brings me to belive my alt is not working correctly.

Let's imagine I know what I'm talking about. I know how hard that could be on fourms.

Well, if there is any question, you are more than welcome to send it in for inspection and free testing. If there is anything wrong with the unit, we will repair it and return it the same day we receive it.

as far as i no most local shops dont have the proper equipment to test high output alts i could be wrong thoe

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics