When it comes to HIDs, a single bulb setup with high and lows (like 9004 or 9007) are called bixenon. Look carefully at the bulb movement mechanism. in bixenon HID kits, the bulb moves and that creates the difference for highs and lows. In the good kind the angle of the bulbs will adjust, in the cheap kind the bulb moves in and out. The kind where the bulbs move in and out are complete shit and you'll barely notice a difference between high beams and low beams.

For regular kits, like 9005/9006 and others for headlights that have 2 bulbs each than I'd recommend either DDM of Xentec.

For bixenon kits, I would only recommend Xentec. You can find them on ebay.

As for brightness, 6000K looks nice, but doesn't look stock. 4300-5000K is really bright and still looks stock.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

hey thank you very much for the reply thats what i was looking for. so you wouldnt sugest the ddm hi/low beams? and i really like the 5000k because it will help me see better but do the 6000k do the same job for seeing wise but adds a little blue?

would this be a good kit for what im looking for? hid kit i have 9004 bulbs and i want the hi/low bulbs. 5000k. i want as white as i can get to see better

would this be a good kit for what im looking for? hid kit i have 9004 bulbs and i want the hi/low bulbs. 5000k. i want as white as i can get to see better

I don't know if that one comes with a relay harness though. I'd recommend this one because it has a harness with it. Just message them what bulb type and color temperature when you order. like say "I would like 9004 6000K bulbs for my purchase please."

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

ok one last question, in that link what is the H G L? and where does the relay go? it doesnt show one on the diagram...

ok one last question, in that link what is the H G L? and where does the relay go? it doesnt show one on the diagram...

Ill give you a quick run though on how to wire the harness up.

Put the bulbs in the headlights, and plug them into the ballasts.

You wire the end of the relay harness with the fuse up to the battery, and then the two ends up to the ballasts.

There is a plug by the one that goes to each ballast, that gets plugged into the wire that is coming out of the bulb, that one controls the motor that moves the bulb so you have highs and lows.

For the plug that goes to the factory light plug, you need a dmm or a test light.

You need to find the ground wire for the stock plug that goes into the headlights.

After you find the common ground, you need to find the low beams positive wire. to find it, turn on your headlights, and check for it just like you did for the ground wire. once you found the low beams positive, then you know the other one should be for the high beams, so you should know were all 3 go.

Plug all three wires into the factory plug before putting them in the plug that came with the kit to make sure you have it wired up correctly. test the highs and lows to make sure it is all working right.

If its wired up right go ahead and insert the pins into the plug that came with the harness in the right spots, and plug it in and you should be done.

H stands for High beam positive

G is for ground

L is for low beam positive

H/L control is the relay harness.

9007.jpg

Hope that helps.

Edited by lAutruche

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

yes it does, awesome. thanks. i will be doing this soon probably. thanks for all the help guys.

ok so i accidentally bought the kit lol this is the one i bought, hid kit , the price was 69.99 with free shipping and i put in an offer for 55.00 and they took it haha i didnt think they would. but i should have it next week. ill put a step by step install on my build page.