DC Sound Lab

Soundstream amp question

Guest BlueberrySPL

Guest BlueberrySPL

Right now I have a soundstream paccasio pcx2000d.(i know its a cheap ss amp but I got a good deal).daily driver to.anyway I have it running at 2 ohms right now on my two dual 1 ohm 15 inch dc audio level 4xl subs. With the big 3 and two yellow tops and 0 gauge. The box is tuned to 34 hz with 110 inches of port area. And its pretty damn lould for only getting 1300 watts between the 2 of them.plus the amp never gets hot.BUT MY QUESTION IS. Can my 1 ohm stable pcx.2000d run at .5 ohms??? With out killing it?lol. Any input will help.thanks

Wire them to 1 ohm

Cant I can only wire to either .5 ohms or 2 ohms beause they are 1 ohm woofers

What are you talking about? You have two D1 subs right? Wire the coils in series and then parallel the speakers equal a 1 ohm load.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Not to mention how do you have two D1 subs wired to 2 ohms? Lol, basic wiring options should be 1 and 4 ohms.....

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yep, that's right. If you have 2 d1 subs, you can either wire them in series, like he said, and you will be at 1 ohm, or wire them parallel and they will be at 2 ohm. The third option is to wire them down to a .25 ohm load, but that will mess up the amp, if it would even play at all.

If you need help figuring it out, just use a wiring diagram for d2 ohm, and cut the #'s in half when your done. Is anyone confused yet? Lol!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build