SwaggerWagon Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Having heard Fi, AQ, RF, and DC (low and high end subs from each company) I'd recommend DC or Fi. IMO DC has slightly better SQ with some of their middle-low end subs, which is what you'll be looking at with that budget. You can definitely be heard though.
JordanSchumaker Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 Having heard Fi, AQ, RF, and DC (low and high end subs from each company) I'd recommend DC or Fi. IMO DC has slightly better SQ with some of their middle-low end subs, which is what you'll be looking at with that budget. You can definitely be heard though. I would love to buy dc but i got a quote from someone off their website for their lvl3 12s and it was about $60 more per sub than the aq 12s
__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Higschool kid: man i just got this 3 15s installed... me: oh yea let me hear it...... sounds real good... you should hear mine... kid: oh you got a system.. let me hear it....damnn that shit is loud.. what you got 4 15s? me: naw single 12.. Kid: naw WTF ! let me see... *stunned* (and wants to know how with how with all these questions...) .. 75 or more % of the time, they are going to hear it and not even see the set up... so louder impresses me, but a nice clean set up is always sexy !!! Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
iKidwell Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Having heard Fi, AQ, RF, and DC (low and high end subs from each company) I'd recommend DC or Fi. IMO DC has slightly better SQ with some of their middle-low end subs, which is what you'll be looking at with that budget. You can definitely be heard though. This, I loved my fi's and I decided to try out dc, I don't see myself ever using anything other than fi or dc unless I feel the need to run some dd's again. c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
iKidwell Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Having heard Fi, AQ, RF, and DC (low and high end subs from each company) I'd recommend DC or Fi. IMO DC has slightly better SQ with some of their middle-low end subs, which is what you'll be looking at with that budget. You can definitely be heard though. I would love to buy dc but i got a quote from someone off their website for their lvl3 12s and it was about $60 more per sub than the aq 12s Let's be honest..look at the level 2's compared to the sdc's..almost positive level 2's have bigger motors(which is all dr subwoofer cares about) and their coil is the same size..and I KNOW you can get those xheaper c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
SwaggerWagon Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 ^^^ iKidwell is right. Throw the right power at some level 2 15s and the right box and you're golden.
JordanSchumaker Posted March 1, 2011 Author Report Posted March 1, 2011 Having heard Fi, AQ, RF, and DC (low and high end subs from each company) I'd recommend DC or Fi. IMO DC has slightly better SQ with some of their middle-low end subs, which is what you'll be looking at with that budget. You can definitely be heard though. I would love to buy dc but i got a quote from someone off their website for their lvl3 12s and it was about $60 more per sub than the aq 12s Let's be honest..look at the level 2's compared to the sdc's..almost positive level 2's have bigger motors(which is all dr subwoofer cares about) and their coil is the same size..and I KNOW you can get those xheaper I think im gonna save up a little more so i can get some lvl 3s. Thanks for all the help
__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 lol did he just like said dr subwoofer?!?!?! all the vids pass thru my head i can't stop lol'ing !! Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
SwaggerWagon Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Yes, the lvl 3 excurt more and penetrate deeper than the AQ LMFAO
dyeagain15 Posted March 1, 2011 Report Posted March 1, 2011 Wow factor for me is a clean install. Find something you like and run with it. I already know I can beat everyone in my town (except John) who is the only other person who knows anything about audio here. Btw I'm 21 but I know a thing or two from hs that gets the wow, and thats a clean original install because everyone else has a prefab with their amp screwed to it. My F-150 Build (So Far) 2 DC L3 10's Kenwood KDC-X794 (4) Selenium ST200 (Highs) (2) RE X8 (Mids) Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps Shuriken Batteries Knu Wiring My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.