Sonic Electronix

so for those who dont know i sold my truck (the 2000 lowered one) and i bought a 01 silverado ext cab

i kept the 10" cvx's, the 3/4mdf sealed upfire box, and the zx1000.1 amp, and all the 0 gauge from my last truck.

the new truck i bought has 2 jbl something 200rms each 12's in a downfire sealed box with a weenie little rockford fosgate 200.2 amp and some 6 gauge

so what i am wondering is should i keep my two 10's and have the same system as before and sell off the RF200.2, JBL 12's, and the box

OR keep the box from the 12's, sell off the RF200.2, JBL 12's, and 10" cvx's. if i did this i would buy some better 12's and use my zx1000.1

im thinking that some 12" CVR's would hit harder than my 10" cvx's, and i listen to more rap and hip hop. also my 10's and my zx1000.1 are still only a few months old, but one of the subs sounds funny. (sounds like plastic on plastic, im not real great at this stuff so i dont know if its bottoming out or clipping or what)

any input would be apreciated, im not going to do a wall or blowthrough or anything though.

2000 Silverado BUILD LOG

Beltec 4/6 on 22's

2 10" Kicker CVX's

ZX1000.1 1245rms

145 ALT

2 Batterys

vote SOTM June

you could sell both systems and use the money to do a better system under the rear seat I would do that

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

you could sell both systems and use the money to do a better system under the rear seat I would do that

what other things could i do under the seat???? 2 12's is about the most ive seen, even with those 12's in there right now there is limited foot space.

but of the listed options which would bump better? the cvr's are 400rms each and my cvx's are 600 each

2000 Silverado BUILD LOG

Beltec 4/6 on 22's

2 10" Kicker CVX's

ZX1000.1 1245rms

145 ALT

2 Batterys

vote SOTM June

so for those who dont know i sold my truck (the 2000 lowered one) and i bought a 01 silverado ext cab

i kept the 10" cvx's, the 3/4mdf sealed upfire box, and the zx1000.1 amp, and all the 0 gauge from my last truck.

the new truck i bought has 2 jbl something 200rms each 12's in a downfire sealed box with a weenie little rockford fosgate 200.2 amp and some 6 gauge

so what i am wondering is should i keep my two 10's and have the same system as before and sell off the RF200.2, JBL 12's, and the box

OR keep the box from the 12's, sell off the RF200.2, JBL 12's, and 10" cvx's. if i did this i would buy some better 12's and use my zx1000.1

im thinking that some 12" CVR's would hit harder than my 10" cvx's, and i listen to more rap and hip hop. also my 10's and my zx1000.1 are still only a few months old, but one of the subs sounds funny. (sounds like plastic on plastic, im not real great at this stuff so i dont know if its bottoming out or clipping or what)

any input would be apreciated, im going to do a wall

get some 10's that actually sound good in sealed boxes...

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

any input would be apreciated, im NOT going to do a wall

get some 10's that actually sound good in sealed boxes...

are you saying cvx's dont typically sound good in sealed box's? or that since one of myne is screwed up?

either way why not 12's?

Edited by 00lwrdr

2000 Silverado BUILD LOG

Beltec 4/6 on 22's

2 10" Kicker CVX's

ZX1000.1 1245rms

145 ALT

2 Batterys

vote SOTM June

i dont think you will ever get any 12s under the rear seat of a truck.. thats why i believe he said no 10s or possibly 8's

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

i dont think you will ever get any 12s under the rear seat of a truck.. thats why i believe he said no 10s or possibly 8's

i allready have 12's under the back seat. but they are just shitty JBL's

2000 Silverado BUILD LOG

Beltec 4/6 on 22's

2 10" Kicker CVX's

ZX1000.1 1245rms

145 ALT

2 Batterys

vote SOTM June

there are twelves that will fit under the seat and sound great tens as well or even say 4 8's will kick butt just thinking you might want to step up from the kicker cvx's

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

there are twelves that will fit under the seat and sound great tens as well or even say 4 8's will kick butt just thinking you might want to step up from the kicker cvx's

well right now i am going to be using a zx 1000.1, 1245 birthsheet, so i dont see alot of reason to get anything better than cvx's, the 12" cvx's will take 750rms so thats more than my amp can do anyway.

and i had the 2 10" cvx's before and they were plenty of bass for me

if there is something as good as CVX's for less money please tell me

2000 Silverado BUILD LOG

Beltec 4/6 on 22's

2 10" Kicker CVX's

ZX1000.1 1245rms

145 ALT

2 Batterys

vote SOTM June

Have a look on those well known suckers, if im right them 190 each. Put them on your Kicker amp, hold the RF amp for your components. And sell the 4 woofers you have.

PS. and build a box on your own for them, in the subwoofersection is a boxcalculator

Price SA 12

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley