Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

looking forward to demoing it on Saturday. Its come a long way from the blistered red paint in its former daily run around life when we picked it up from the original owner to the Ford "blueprint" slammed on chrome 18s to the "look at me" pink it is now, not to mention the countless installs it has had.

I think I may still have photos from the day Jamie bought it if you want?

holyfuckstick 150's anywhere in the 20s, and in a compact car?--- BEAST!

:dance:

actually it's doing 150.5 @ 17hz too... lol

and thanks man!!

badassnessss!!

haha cheers!

looking forward to demoing it on Saturday. Its come a long way from the blistered red paint in its former daily run around life when we picked it up from the original owner to the Ford "blueprint" slammed on chrome 18s to the "look at me" pink it is now, not to mention the countless installs it has had.

I think I may still have photos from the day Jamie bought it if you want?

man you know i'd love those pics!! i've got the whole build log for the original blue build saved, so i definitely need anything extra you might have!

and you'll love the demo man, it's a MUCH different beast to when you last saw it with the 12x 10"s... this build still surprises me with just how loud and low it gets!! not to mention it's actually quite essque!! lol well... can be... lol but for subbass in the 156's, its got a VERY linear response from around 60hz to as low as you like, group delay is barely noticable too, and again, very linear, would be able to T/A it out very easily, phase seams really nice too, it's not exactly staging on the dash as you could expect, but its blending REALLY nicely with the midbass, when i get the new door builds done it should actually stage quite nicely!

BUT some small updates...

okies!!

so updates that are here!

guess whose got a NEW WINDSHIELD?!!! so you know what that means!! new window smashing footage!!! well hopefully at least! lol

so this morning the car had it's windshield fitted!

out with the old!

DSCF8169.jpg

DSCF8174.jpg

DSCF8179.jpg

all out!

DSCF8185.jpg

and a special rust converter primer stuff applied around the frame to help everything stick, needs to be a STRONG seal!

DSCF8187.jpg

super roo electric calking gun? YES PLEASE!

DSCF8188.jpg

the urethane used is apparently on brand new to the market, sets in only 15mins, and is apparently 3-5 times stronger than the usual product they use, this is the 1st time the windshield guy had used it, as it quite a fair bit pricier than your run of the mill urethane, so we'll see if it holds up to the test shall we!

he ended up using the entire tube on my windscreen, usually they would get 3 windscreens out of a single tube, so i think there might be enough on here

DSCF8189.jpg

screen going in...

DSCF8192.jpg

and done!!

DSCF8196.jpg

overall i'm VERY impressed with the service, when i spoke to these guys on the phone, i had VERY little confidence in them, as they really just seemed like they had no idea, tho i admit it's hard trying to explain to someone over the phone, about how your sound system blows your fronts windshield out, and tears it in half.... so i'm putting down my lack of confidence to the fact that they simply couldn't get their heads around a stereo doing this, and i'm not exactly the best at explaining...

the guy who came out on the job was infact the owner of the relatively large company, as he wanted to see exactly what i was on about, and he went far and beyond what he needed to, his customer service is 2nd to none, and he did the job with the utmost professional attitude, while still being great to talk to! and he seemed very interested in the car!!

i've agreed to contact him on monday at his request, and let him know what i thought of how the windshield has (or hasn't lol) held together on saturday, and if anything at all has let go, whether it's the seals or the glass itself, he will come out again on monday and fix anything that has gone wrong...

this is the kind of customer serice you just don't find!!

so... now the car is sitting my backyard, new windshield, system tuned, and batteries on charge ready for saturday night!!

fingers crossed i manage some awesome new numbers, as well as killing the windshield properly and on film this time!!!

these are my updates, nothing TOO amazing, but definitely a good day!! VERY much looking forward to this saturday!!

SMD-1.png

I want vids of windshield breaking, and vids of the dudes reaction when you tell him the windshield already broke.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Just went thru the whole build log, my god that car is a monster, and i actually like the paint, if you were looking for attention i´m sure you got it lol, how the hell can someone fit on that port at the moment you need to change subs or something? lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I want vids of windshield breaking, and vids of the dudes reaction when you tell him the windshield already broke.

haha man i wish i had've been filming his face when he saw the condition of the last windshield! you should have seen it! he was absolutely gobsmacked!!

there will be PLENTY of videos taken at the show on saturday so hopefully the screen takes some decent hits! lol

wont be long until you will need perspex or a solid 5mm steel plate (using cameras and lcd screens to actually see in front :P )

my windshield guy is actually getting me information on the police spec windshields used out here, "softer" glass, and metal impregnated laminate, apparently can resist a bowling ball thrown at it... only really a direct hit wil break the glass, and even then it will never go thru the screen... so that'll be the next one to go in, and if thats no good, then i'll look at moving up to an extreme style 4" perspex window...

Just went thru the whole build log, my god that car is a monster, and i actually like the paint, if you were looking for attention i´m sure you got it lol, how the hell can someone fit on that port at the moment you need to change subs or something? lol

thanks man, i appreciate it! the car does, without a doubt get a tonne of attention, and as an unplanned side effect, girls just LOVE the car!! the amount of "can i get a photo with it" questions that i get asked isn't even funny! wasn't exactly planned like that, but i'd DEFINITELY not complaining!! lol

as for fitting down the port, with difficulty! i can tell you that much! lol

DSCF0348Medium.jpg

when we replaced the two front woofers, we decided to swap the screws on all the rest as well, as we felt the small heads we contributing to the surrounds seperating from the baskets... lol this is one of m team mates doing to not so fun job of the rear 2 woofers... lol

SMD-1.png

Archived