Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

Dammmmmmn! This little car is a beast shattering windows and everything. Nice build, this thing is something else. Size doesn't matter lol. 2 thumbs up on the build!

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)

Deka battery (front)

thanks guys!!

paper daisy pink was a spur of the moment decision really... one of the big parts of the build is that it had to be different, simple as that, it has to draw MASS attention, and i'm generally just not a fan of following trends, originally the plan called for a high quality paint job, which still isnt off the cards yet, but the further i got into the build the more i knew i wanted to do something different... and so the thought of some kind of textured finish was growing on me, i went thru thoughts of trimming the exterior of the car, possibly in a suade, but i just couldn't risk it getting wet, or leaving it out in the weather, so then we thought about flocking the car, again, not something i was overly keen to let the weather get to, but then the thought of using a house paint with an aggressive roller just worked perfectly!

make no mistake i've done this properly and taken my time, it might not be traditional paint, but i've take ALOT of care, and time when applying it, and the results so far show this, IMO it's quite a decent quality finish, just with a cool/interesting texture lol, i'm looking at adding a two tone effect with another colour, but that will come a little down the track for a bit of an update....

hopefully it should be quite a bit louder soon too, i should be picking up my 3rd amp from being repaired this afternoon, so it'll be back into it and working on getting LOUD!!

thanks for the comments guys! keep them coming!!

SMD-1.png

haha thanks man, hows your caprice coming along...? and more importantly, had any luck getting that canary off the excel...? it NEDS to be at the werribee event man! you've got 5 weeks!!

Nope no luck with the canary, one last shot otherwise its getting scrapped. The car is more or less stripped now. Subs, amps, batts and some wiring its all removed. Gunna see if they pass it if they think its a battery transport vehicle. Otherwise everything gets sold and spent on the caprice.

• 1 month later...

well it's been a while since an update, i've been pretty busy and haven't had alot of time for the cars,

BUT

what a fantastic day 2day was!!

1st up, i've been working for the last week solid to try and get this thing up and running again for 2day, as usual it was just one problem after another, but that comes with the territory, as it was i wasn't expecting to do anything special on the meter, as it hadn't had much work, just an overhaul of the battery bank wiring, and a minor re-working of the front stage...

BUT it was loud, like VERY loud! louder than it has been, or at least to my ear it was, and it felt to be moving alot more air too...

so we ran it thru the lanes, on music of course, Ian Pinders remix by LMproductions of Jiggle box, this song peaks at 27hz and 25hz... and strait off the bat, 155.1db @ 28hz... which isn't too shabby at all, so next run i figured i'd get serious, so i got out the intro to "red light district" by Ludacris, which peaks at a solid 38hz, (the charades peak frequency) and i managed a 156.8db @ 38hz!! thats some 1.4db up on my personal best so far!!

now we're getting a little closer to here i want to be!!

now the issue after this was that my windshield literally tore apart... not just shattered, but TORE... which i thought was kinda cool! lol so a couple of rolls worth of gaffa tape later, and we were back in business!!

i ended up taking out Ultimate - novice class, as well as SPL warrior for the day! i couldn't be happier!

did PLENTY of demos thru out the day, and all in all, i had a GREAT time!!

so a couple of pics for y'all...

a few random pics through out the day

DSCF7874.jpg

DSCF7886.jpg

DSCF7887.jpg

DSCF7927.jpg

DSCF7930.jpg

DSCF7931.jpg

and the good stuff i know you all love, VIDS!!!

so enjoy!! you guys know i love my feedback, both good and bad, so send it thru!

SMD-1.png

DAMN, i dont think your ever going to keep windshields in this.

how big are the car shows you go to ?? they dont look like they pull in much of a crowd ??

and looking forward to more updates :popcorn:

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1306715497' post='1546841]

DAMN, i dont think your ever going to keep windshields in this.

how big are the car shows you go to ?? they dont look like they pull in much of a crowd ??

and looking forward to more updates :popcorn:

hey man, sorry i never saw your reply,

from the pics it really doesn't look to be many people there at all, but there were some 40+ SQ cars entered and another 20+ for our 2nd only event of BASS BATTLE, which is a new format that we're running out here, plus there were plenty of "show cars" entered not competing in the soundoff side of things...

most of the shows the car attends get alot of people thru the doors, the next one is schedualed for the 16th so i've got a bit of work ahead of me getting the car fixed again...

a few random pics for the usual shows...

from the last show and the last bunch of pics

post-372-0-49473200-1306192330.jpg

DSCF0204Medium.jpg

which also had a few interstate attendees in the form of BOBO333, Ryzaa and the Team LOLZ boys...

DSCF0026Medium.jpg

and the show before that

post-41268-129878062206.jpg

post-41268-1298780619.jpg

as you can see there's generally PLENTY of people at these shows, those pics were only of the Bass Race tent, there was the DBdrags tent just behind where i was standing, as well as a 500+ entrant hot rod/car show so it was fairly packed...

as for this build log, i haven't really done alot ot the car, as there's been a fair break between shows, and i've been spending most of my money on fixing my daily driver, as well as acquiring the gear needed for the upcoming install in it...

the i DO have a couple of pics you guys haven't seen...

peeling all the tape off the windshield!

DSCF7939.jpg

DSCF7941.jpg

DSCF7942.jpg

DSCF7943.jpg

DSCF7944.jpg

DSCF7952.jpg

DSCF7955.jpg

DSCF7948.jpg

DSCF7961.jpg

DSCF7959.jpg

now to get on with replacing it all!! lol

also had some welds in the rear suspension set up snap on me, so currently the rear end of the car is out, and i'm practicing my non existant welding skills to try and get it back together...

anyways, more updates when they come to hand!!

and remember, i love your feedback! good or bad! i just want to hear it all, it's what keeps me going on these cold nights!

SMD-1.png

I LOVE THE FLEX FROM THIS CAR

and them pictures of the window are ridiculous. i want to sit in this car one day, you have to let me know if theres any shows in NSW your going to

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

Archived