Lunch's Charade, 6x15"s & 18,000rms

This is a mad little car and I know how small they are I had a 900cc TDi one a few years back loads of power and the stock radio which was very very small

Mad Camper is what they call me why you ask well 32 lights on my camper

Moving from a camper to a small hatch back blow engine in hatch back buys a estate that spent 3 years in a field with only sheep as friends in all that time get married and become a full time care giver and loss out boot space for subs :(

• 4 months later...

that is outrages man. love it

thanks man!!

i really don't have anything to add here, unfortunately my patients have run out with this car, it was only ever built as a learning tool and it has done me GREAT over the last year, but now it is time for it to move on... i really want a car i can drive regularly, so a new car has been purchased, and this one is sitting here stripped of all gear...

when i get a chance to drop it off, it's going to one of my close friend who basically beside me at eery step during this build... so hopefully he does well with it...

i'm on to bigger and better things, and i'm hoping to do similar things in the new build...

consideriing i love showing people how the charade works, i've filmed a little walk around and some other stuff with this car... enjoy...

and while i'm at it, i've since uploaded a few older videos i never had a chance to throw up...

with the 12x 10"s

SMD-1.png

• 6 months later...

holyfuckstick 150's anywhere in the 20s, and in a compact car?--- BEAST!

:dance:

actually it's doing 150.5 @ 17hz too... lol

and thanks man!!

badassnessss!!

haha cheers!

looking forward to demoing it on Saturday. Its come a long way from the blistered red paint in its former daily run around life when we picked it up from the original owner to the Ford "blueprint" slammed on chrome 18s to the "look at me" pink it is now, not to mention the countless installs it has had.

I think I may still have photos from the day Jamie bought it if you want?

man you know i'd love those pics!! i've got the whole build log for the original blue build saved, so i definitely need anything extra you might have!

and you'll love the demo man, it's a MUCH different beast to when you last saw it with the 12x 10"s... this build still surprises me with just how loud and low it gets!! not to mention it's actually quite essque!! lol well... can be... lol but for subbass in the 156's, its got a VERY linear response from around 60hz to as low as you like, group delay is barely noticable too, and again, very linear, would be able to T/A it out very easily, phase seams really nice too, it's not exactly staging on the dash as you could expect, but its blending REALLY nicely with the midbass, when i get the new door builds done it should actually stage quite nicely!

BUT some small updates...

okies!!

so updates that are here!

guess whose got a NEW WINDSHIELD?!!! so you know what that means!! new window smashing footage!!! well hopefully at least! lol

so this morning the car had it's windshield fitted!

out with the old!

DSCF8169.jpg

DSCF8174.jpg

DSCF8179.jpg

all out!

DSCF8185.jpg

and a special rust converter primer stuff applied around the frame to help everything stick, needs to be a STRONG seal!

DSCF8187.jpg

super roo electric calking gun? YES PLEASE!

DSCF8188.jpg

the urethane used is apparently on brand new to the market, sets in only 15mins, and is apparently 3-5 times stronger than the usual product they use, this is the 1st time the windshield guy had used it, as it quite a fair bit pricier than your run of the mill urethane, so we'll see if it holds up to the test shall we!

he ended up using the entire tube on my windscreen, usually they would get 3 windscreens out of a single tube, so i think there might be enough on here

DSCF8189.jpg

screen going in...

DSCF8192.jpg

and done!!

DSCF8196.jpg

overall i'm VERY impressed with the service, when i spoke to these guys on the phone, i had VERY little confidence in them, as they really just seemed like they had no idea, tho i admit it's hard trying to explain to someone over the phone, about how your sound system blows your fronts windshield out, and tears it in half.... so i'm putting down my lack of confidence to the fact that they simply couldn't get their heads around a stereo doing this, and i'm not exactly the best at explaining...

the guy who came out on the job was infact the owner of the relatively large company, as he wanted to see exactly what i was on about, and he went far and beyond what he needed to, his customer service is 2nd to none, and he did the job with the utmost professional attitude, while still being great to talk to! and he seemed very interested in the car!!

i've agreed to contact him on monday at his request, and let him know what i thought of how the windshield has (or hasn't lol) held together on saturday, and if anything at all has let go, whether it's the seals or the glass itself, he will come out again on monday and fix anything that has gone wrong...

this is the kind of customer serice you just don't find!!

so... now the car is sitting my backyard, new windshield, system tuned, and batteries on charge ready for saturday night!!

fingers crossed i manage some awesome new numbers, as well as killing the windshield properly and on film this time!!!

these are my updates, nothing TOO amazing, but definitely a good day!! VERY much looking forward to this saturday!!

150 @ 17hz is just VULGAR!!! I'd love to do 150 @ 17hz in my Safari!

Bladder bursting bass fan!

• 3 months later...

wow, long time no look at this thread!!

considering Mr Meade just shared this build on facebook again i figured i'd give this a little bump!

from what i've seen this thing has unfortunately had very little changes in the last yeah it's been out of my possession, some minor electrical issues have been sorted but otherwise it's exactly how i left it... hmmmm you never know what might just happen...

SMD-1.png

only 6kw out of such long amp?

Show some guts if you have any from the amp

yup only 6kw! these amps are relatively old, before companies like Sound Digital etc were getting 16kw from chassis 1/4 of the size...

for the size they really don't do ALOT of power, but the price was too goo to turn down, plus at the end of the day, size isn't a major issue for me, i have the room, so these amps worked out perfect for me...

here's a gut shot from the amp

38282_1525445463170_1445660895_1389350_7912903_n.jpg

definitely not the neatest, nor greatest amps around, but they suit my needs perfectly...

what class are these amps? A/B? it does not look like any class D i have ever seen!

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Archived