Second Skin Audio

f250 center console box

Babyjuice

so for awhile ive been trying to figure out where to fit some subs (besides shallow mountz) in my truck and i finally decided to just take out my center console/seat and build a box there the deminsions im gonna build the box to are 13.5tall 13.5 wide and 25 long. the sub/subs im planning on getting are RE SeX 12(s) with the room would i be better off getting 2 of them in a sealed box or 1 in a ported box? the amp is either gonna be a hifonics 1600 or 1000 depending on what i get..ive never built a ported box before so i dont know how to calculate the port displacement and all that..any help is appreciated! thanks in advance.

here are some pics of where its going

2i70hg.jpg

2v1vz81.jpg

BABYJUICE

I did this once but with one 10" w7, sub foward towards the dash and port in the back facing up. it sounded pretty damn good i loved it. I would do one sub because now you have 2.1 cu.ft before port and displacement after all that you probably have 1.5cu.ft. air space

2-18" Fi Btls

2-RF T2500-1bd

box 14cu.ft after displacement tuned @ 32hz.

Socal Box Designer/builder

I did this once but with one 10" w7, sub foward towards the dash and port in the back facing up. it sounded pretty damn good i loved it. I would do one sub because now you have 2.1 cu.ft before port and displacement after all that you probably have 1.5cu.ft. air space

2-18" Fi Btls

2-RF T2500-1bd

box 14cu.ft after displacement tuned @ 32hz.

Socal Box Designer/builder

Don't get me wrong but with those deminsions isn't that 2.6cu.ft? Those are the measurments with .75mdf already factored in...so do you think if I threw in an re sxx 12 it would get down pretty good? And how do you calc. How much diplacement port takes up?

BABYJUICE

the same way you calc how big the box will be.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived