Dylank811 Posted March 3, 2011 Report Posted March 3, 2011 I posted a question on my build log about splicing power wire, but it's not getting the attention it used to. I really would like an answer to my question since I'm working on this again today. Just click the link below if you think you can help. Thanks 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
OrionStang Posted March 3, 2011 Report Posted March 3, 2011 If it's only about a foot short, that would be a good spot for an inline fuse. Just gotta get that extra foot from the fuse holder to you amp (or battery?) SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dylank811 Posted March 3, 2011 Author Report Posted March 3, 2011 If it's only about a foot short, that would be a good spot for an inline fuse. Just gotta get that extra foot from the fuse holder to you amp (or battery?) I already put the fuse in under the hood But I guess I could do another one just to use as a connector. What about the sleeves you can use to splice smaller wires? I could see this working, but those only really grab the outer layer of strands, so it seems like all the ones in the middle would be useless and then I'd lose powerflow. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
OrionStang Posted March 3, 2011 Report Posted March 3, 2011 You should have two fuses anyway. One near the front battery and another in the back before the amp or second battery if you have one. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dylank811 Posted March 3, 2011 Author Report Posted March 3, 2011 You should have two fuses anyway. One near the front battery and another in the back before the amp or second battery if you have one. Alright, then I'll be sure to grab another one. Thanks for the help. 2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System Cadence FXA1600.2 Cadence S2W10 Cadence 4 AWG wiring Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.