Here's the Head Unit, it's a little old but it only cost me $25 with the correct patch cable at a junk yard

DSCF0005.jpg?t=1299361211

Get Rid of that Kit if you want it to look better.

I used the Metra 99-3900 Kit (basically its for a 1995-2001 Lumina)

it also adds room for an EQ. :-)

The only thing you need to do to make this kit fit is cut down the factory deck brace in the back. That will make room for this kit...

The look of this kit made up for having to cut the Factory Brace for the back of the stock deck.

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

How hard was it to cut the brace? I'd like to mount my eqs746 below my HU.

Super easy... its plastic. Use a dremel to level the the plastic in the back (cutting of the support tab in the back)

If you don't have a dremel... use a hacksaw blade and slowly do it by hand.

with this Mod Wires and RCA's will be tight, but its still manageable.

Edit. I will try to take a pic of how much to cut next time I change something out.

That does look better, but I don't have a dedicated EQ and any type of faceplate that I look at for my car either sticks out like my current one or has a spot for an EQ. Let me know if you find one that doesn't.

EDIT: I found THIS ONE at Crutchfield that only sticks out 1/2" instead, but still no flush mount ones that are 1.5 DIN flush mount.

That does look better, but I don't have a dedicated EQ and any type of faceplate that I look at for my car either sticks out like my current one or has a spot for an EQ. Let me know if you find one that doesn't.

EDIT: I found THIS ONE at Crutchfield that only sticks out 1/2" instead, but still no flush mount ones that are 1.5 DIN flush mount.

Here you go... Metra # 99-3300

Metra 99-3300

That one will fit in flush.

Archived