Second Skin Audio

Port Problems.... Suggestions?

I have been running my aero for a while now and for my rebuild here this month I want to go back to the good ol' slot port. BUT, my issue I will be facing is that my trunk cut-out sort of "covers" the top corner of my slot when i'm trying to use up every bit of width possible to get a good final net, and have the front fit snug so I can seal it off...

Here is my old box to show what I am talking about:

portproblem.png

Now, I have been looking into flaring my port. From the knowledge I have, this obstruction will affect my tuning slightly, raising it. If I were to put a flare onto the end of my port coming out of the baffle, (derrrr a flared port) would this possibly help against the minor obstruction my stupid cut-out covers? In order to get my targeted net ft^3, I need to use 2 common port walls or this would not be an issue. (Side wall, then back wall for the bend.)

Thanks ahead guys. :drinks:

Edited by Cashdollar2009
On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

So we can help the brotha out asking how many subs it takes to hairtrick, but not help the brotha out with a legitimate question??? :(

well this sucks. i had the same issue this a lincoln LS i am doing right now. In order to use all the space available and to make my slot port work i had to cut that rear deck out. was worth it in my case, not many people i know are willing to cut there car like that, but i do anything for more bass..lol.

Edited by chevyhoe08

2-18" Fi Btls

2-RF T2500-1bd

box 14cu.ft after displacement tuned @ 32hz.

Socal Box Designer/builder

I say instead of making the port the full height of the box make it wider and "lower" if ya get me

I know what you're saying man, the curent problem is though that in doing that and not using three common port walls, it eats up too much net volume...

Wouldn't that be three common walls? Top, bottom, and box wall?

And you are correct. I'll have to switch those numbers up... I was thinking side walls only since it will bend and need to use the back wall. Makes more sense your way.