97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

Unless I rebuild the console and stretch it back I won't have enough room. Maybe mount it in the trunk under the rear deck. I kinda want to set the eq and leave it you know. A flat response so it's good on all kinds of music

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

That would be a lot of work. Does that clarion have any backlighting? If not than on top of the rear deck wouldn't be bad because it would still get the same vibrations the underside would but you would be inside the vehicle to hear it. Or mount it like you said and have it cut through the front of the baffle so it doesn't look like trash sitting on top and you could still adjust it from the inside of the car.

the clarion eq is going in the dash. The 1/3 octave eq is going in the back. Sorry fotr the confusion. I want to be able to tweak the clarion. This is the one I want to mount in the back with the amps.

006.jpg

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Did some more work today. Got the big 3 done. Not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Here are a few pics. I know I don't have any split loom on them but that is easily fixed.

078.jpg

079.jpg

At Alt

080.jpg

Rear master ground for battery/distribution block

081.jpg

Should have some more to show you guys in a couple days. The doors will be done this week. They have taken forever. Working on the kicks for the alpine's as well. Now that the wheather is starting to turn the build is going to gather momentum.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Thx guys. Got a little more work done today. Try to give you guys a better idea of what I was talking about as how I was going to build the IB and the amp rack. Got some more wood.

019-1.jpg

I added a third piece to the baffle so it is 2 inches thick. Pretty sturdy. I also cut a piece for the base where the amps will attach to.

003-6.jpg

For the gap in between I cut some filler pieces. The gap you see was for the rear seat bracket.

The cuts weren't perfect but they will do the job; besides, no one will ever see them. There is also filler panels on either side of the baffle that are 2" thick as well. They were stapled to the baffle.

After I had the four pieces where I wanted them I removed them and covered everything in blue tape. I put the pieces back in and put a couple screws in to temp hold the baffle in place. The other pieces were just laid in. After that I went buck wild with some expanding foam and hit the large gaps. You can see the door panel chillin waiting to be sanded and finished.

007-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

I also laid a few layers on the top of the baffle where it meets the rear deck. When it dries I will be able to shape the foam and trim it, then cover it with fiberglass and bondo for a better finish.

029.jpg

I have some flat metal stock that will go on the front and rear of the baffle before I fiberglass. The whole reason I taped it is so I can take it out as one piece to reinforce it after I give it a coat of glass or two.

While I was doing the foam I also hit the rear of the car sealing up some little gaps under the rear deck and above the shock towers.

004-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

I will try to have more tommorrow but we have rain coming so I'm not sure what I will be able to get done.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived