97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

^ Very nice sir! I've never seen those from Kicker before.

So you are going to use one for stereo and then maybe later go with one on the left and one on the right for independent L/R EQing? I like it a lot. I did that for a minute with my 15 band Carver Eqs. Plenty of ways to get lost. haha If you can use a white noise track and an RTA though, you are golden.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

^ Very nice sir! I've never seen those from Kicker before.

So you are going to use one for stereo and then maybe later go with one on the left and one on the right for independent L/R EQing? I like it a lot. I did that for a minute with my 15 band Carver Eqs. Plenty of ways to get lost. haha If you can use a white noise track and an RTA though, you are golden.

Yeah one now in stereo and maybe another for each side. Like I mentioned I'm not sure if I will need it or not. I did find an rta app that I could use on my tablet. The best thing about it is that i can calibrate it. It isn't as good as a mic and a real rta but it is a good starting point. :)

a871_zpsbf5a2bc2.jpg

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

^ holy crap that is cool! I never thought about that. I wonder if they have one for Android phones? mmm.

My contact with an Audio Control (had the RTA and whatnot) is gone, so I'm out of luck too. I will tell you what I have done before, but it is almost as bad as shooting in the dark- I have a small db meter. I play test tones at each frequency of my EQ. Then I lower the high points. The only issue with that is- well, it is time consuming (it sucks) and I'm at the mercy of the accuracy of my db meter (not real good).

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I got it in the android app market. Just type in rta analyzer. It is free and there is another version that is 5 bux and goes to 60 bands but isn't really necessary. There is an spectral analyzer app i would like to try too. I got the eq installed and did some rough eq'ing and man o' man. I am picking up a lot of detail I was missing. It is going to take a while to get it dialed in. I did notice that most of the problem areas were in between 125-400hz and 1-6k. Once I cut those it sounded like a completely different system. It's ironic that the better the frontstage gets the more I want to go back to an IB setup.

After this summer I am going to change it up and take the speakers out of the doors. The horns will stay under the dash, and a pair of 15" midbass (80-800hz) will go in the rear door area and 2 21" infinite baffle. It will look like a wall but the 21" will vent into the trunk. To make up for the Vas I am going to cut into the trunk floor so they vent directly outside. Still working on a design for that. It will be the last iteration of the car. I'm not changing anything else after that. :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I got it in the android app market. Just type in rta analyzer. It is free and there is another version that is 5 bux and goes to 60 bands but isn't really necessary. There is an spectral analyzer app i would like to try too. I got the eq installed and did some rough eq'ing and man o' man. I am picking up a lot of detail I was missing. It is going to take a while to get it dialed in. I did notice that most of the problem areas were in between 125-400hz and 1-6k. Once I cut those it sounded like a completely different system. It's ironic that the better the frontstage gets the more I want to go back to an IB setup.

After this summer I am going to change it up and take the speakers out of the doors. The horns will stay under the dash, and a pair of 15" midbass (80-800hz) will go in the rear door area and 2 21" infinite baffle. It will look like a wall but the 21" will vent into the trunk. To make up for the Vas I am going to cut into the trunk floor so they vent directly outside. Still working on a design for that. It will be the last iteration of the car. I'm not changing anything else after that. :)

Yeah, just like Trippi's last build was his last too...... :P

Yeah, just like Trippi's last build was his last too...... :P

I swear...lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I made a new video today after tweaking a little more and am continually impressed how much the small improvements are making. The midbass is a little anemic due to my samaurai skills on the eq but I have gained so much detail I am slowly adding it back in small increments until I get a good balance. Don't want to lose anything in the process. There is also a little sibilance I can't quite get at. I might not be cutting deep enough. Most of the freq. between 1-8k have been cut by 6db. Before I made the Radiohead video you see below I listened to Maxwell's "This woman's work" from mtv's unplugged and was fucking blown away, no joke. I'm going to make another video of that tomorrow to share. I also got the rear battery installed today and will have a couple pics of that and the eq installed tomorrow.

Stay tuned

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Haven't looked at this build in a few. It is turning out nice sir.

Thx bro. Right now I am trying to dial it in before the good weather and demos start happening again. :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived