97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

Looks pretty good. Deff not your everyday setup which is cool. Im not going to lie tho, I dont like the kicks at all. The shape and the angle on the speakrs just doesnt look good IMO. But I love the fact that your not throwing some DC or Sundown in there.

Not that I dont like DC or Sundown but hey not everyone needs to jump off the bridge.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

The kicks are all right. They do have an unusual config but it has a strong center image and dpth. I'm with ya though, if I weren't going to be putting 10" waveguides in there place I would definitely redo them. It's the second pair I ever built.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Got a few more hrs. of work done today. My journey was cut short by a lame jigsaw blade. Here is some pictures. I have been reinforcing the trunk on and off for a while and been laying up layers of expanding foam. The two corners tht you see will get a layer of foam all the way to the top then a piece of mdf will be attatched and glassed to that so they will be flush with the reinforcement ribs you see in the pictures.

002-13.jpg

004-13.jpg

Here is a pic of the opening of the trunk. You can see I filled in the large gaps between the ribs where the latch is attached to the trunk. I also cut a small piece of wood that sits on the floor of the trunk that fits in the gaps between the two large pieces (I didnt cut perfectly lol) you see and the trunk wall.

005-9.jpg

The spare tire well was a whole other matter altogether. On the very bottom there was a gap that was 6x17 where the jack and iron for the spare tire goes. I cut a piece of 3/4" mdf to size and hit it with some expanding foam. The two pieces you see in there went directly over the top. They were also hit with some expanding foam to hold them into place. As you can tell by now the batteries are going to in another location.

003-13.jpg

Got the doors in today but no speakers in yet. I need to get some upholstery pins and they will be done. I am not to happy about they came out so I may sand and repaint them. I can still see little imperfections. Kinda drivin me nuts.

006-10.jpg

In any case we are getting closer to the finish line. Money is always what holds us up.

I may mount the EQ on top of the baffle and it will sit on the rear deck. Gonna take a few pics and well see. I have to make it big enough for the active x-over too. I'll have more to show in a couple days.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Hey man, the car's looking good. Do you have the 10's for the doors already? Or an idea of what you want to put in there?

Thanks bro, the good wheather helps out alot. I have tens for the doors but haven't put them in yet.

019.jpg

018.jpg

Badgeless drivers FTW

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Here is another demo vid. This is Ed Solo "Egyptian horns". Great dubstep. Got it from a friend. I know the baffle isn't done. I have to wait until the 1st for some more cheddar. Take it easy on me the car is going to get some body work so no hard time about the paint lol. I noticed a problem with the sub in the video. It wasn't gain matched and you can see it around 2:30 in. I just went out and adjusted it. Lot more output :facepalm: lol They are coming out to finish the baffle and the amp rack so I guess it is a moot point.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Got one more demo vid for ya before I finish the car. Get paid on the first. Thats why I haven't had a build video or pics in a week+

My friend Soundstream3000nz (check out his channel 4 12" type R fiberglass box/amprack)have been trading music back and forth and he got me on this Cookie Monsta "Optimus Prime".

I love cone area over wattage argument. Each 18" sub is only getting 120 watts and I have a gaggle of output and tons of headroom now. That "headroom" will increase once the tens are installed in the doors. This pales in comparison to what most of you are running but this shows you how the other half lives. lol

Once the car stereo is done I will start on the exterior of the car.

Smoothing the door handle trim and any open lines in the vehicle and maybe a body kit. I guess plain jane was a bad title. I keep going it will become a total misnomer haha.

More new stuff in a couple days.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived