Blownengine's Dodge Ram Door Build Log

Awesome work so far bro ... Just hope they don't take up too much leg room ...

Very interesting ... :drink40::popcorn:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Awesome work so far bro ... Just hope they don't take up too much leg room ...

Very interesting ... :drink40::popcorn:

Well unfortunatly then kinda do.... Your outside leg pretty much has to be straight or else it hits. But there is nothing I can do. The speakers are pretty deep and I can't cut into the door. So I'm stuck.

DSC00158.jpg

I was even leaning out of the way a little to take the photo. It's a close one.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

The skeletons are built and here is a video of boting the pods and building the skeleton.

I also "fixed" the glove box problem. I moved the speaker back and it opens a little more now. Enough to get your hand in at least.

Before

DSC00167.jpg

After

DSC00169.jpg

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

FINALLY have some more progress. Hammered out all the small hurdles and got the skeletons wrapped and resined tonight with the help of my friend. He was much better at working with the fleece than I was. Hopefully tomorrow I can add fiberglass mat and maybe Bondo.

I KNOW our wrapping skills are par at best. I might have bought the wrong fleece or something but this stuff just didnt want to stretch. So at parts we cut off the excess and put a piece of tape behind it to hold the shape. I will make it work, don't fear.

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00195-1.jpg

Comments welcomed guys :drinks:

Big 3 with Yellow Top

More progress done. Two layers of fiberglass and mat and cleaned them them up. Ready for Bondo now.

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

Big 3 with Yellow Top

nice vid man i check this so many times a day to see more lol, keep it up.

Haha thanks alot man. You seem to be the only one who comments... :trippy:

But whatever. I try to keep the progress going but there isn't much I can do on weekdays because of school. I also wait to make videos so I have a good few minutes of material, not one minute or something.

And I still have the dash and rear doors to do! (Assuming I have the money) So you will have alot more checking up to do!

Hopefully I can knock these out over spring break at the end of this week. Woo!

Big 3 with Yellow Top

nice vid man i check this so many times a day to see more lol, keep it up.

Haha thanks alot man. You seem to be the only one who comments... :trippy:

But whatever. I try to keep the progress going but there isn't much I can do on weekdays because of school. I also wait to make videos so I have a good few minutes of material, not one minute or something.

And I still have the dash and rear doors to do! (Assuming I have the money) So you will have alot more checking up to do!

Hopefully I can knock these out over spring break at the end of this week. Woo!

hell ya man, just keep it up no rush. i just like seeing it coming along i wanna try this as well pretty soon however its still snowing here so no workin on my system anytime soon.

15"AA havoc, AQ1200d. T3 audio 6.5 2 way componet set on rockford p400.4

O yea you have the whole Alaska thing..... rough. Its just starting to warm up here. It has varied between 28 and 50 for the past two weeks. Still WAY to cold for tennis practice... <_<

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Archived