Sonic Electronix

Im looking to put an 18 in my s-10 extreme this summer. A few questions reguarding this are... what have others found is the best way to face the sub/port in an s10? as well as what kind of 18 should i look into? im thinking about spending $500 or so on the sub

Im looking to put an 18 in my s-10 extreme this summer. A few questions reguarding this are... what have others found is the best way to face the sub/port in an s10? as well as what kind of 18 should i look into? im thinking about spending $500 or so on the sub

I take it you have an extended cab?? If so the max room you have with the passenger seat at a comfortable position is about 12-14 inches from the back wall at the window line. Might have to do a blowthru and even then you will have to fire the sub up. The max height of the bed is 15.5 inches.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I had a hard time fitting a 15 Fi Q comfortably in my s10. people seem to do it but im pretty sure they are all smaller guys. I can only spare about 13" at the window line to still sit comfortably. As far as port and sub placement im not totally sure. I have done sub forward port forward and sub forward port to the driver side, not extremely happy with either. I have been told several different ways to do it but the only one who backed up info with any type of real knowledge said sub up port to the driver side. im thinking next box for me will be sub forward port up. see how that works out.

SMDSIG3.png

Archived