Sonic Electronix

kranny, do you have that pic under a hot key? lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

the sub isnt new, i bought it used off craigslist still in good condition but im afraid i might be damaging it.

so ill turn the bass boost off but what about my gain setting? im afrait to turn it more than half and distort the sub or clip the amp but so far the amp never went into protection mode.

the amp will NOT protect if it clips. it doesnt really care if it sends out a square wave.

bass boost amplifies a specific frequency so having that up can cause clipping just like the gain does. just use a multimeter and tune it the rite way. there is nothing else to say.

im still a rookie when it comes to car audio and the thing is i dont have a multi meter and wouldnt know how to tune my amp with one if i had one.

any info on this process would be much appreciated!

Well you could find a reputable shop that has an Oscope and have them set the gains for you. Or one of the members on here that has an Oscope and live close to ya might be able to help.

okay thanks a lot for your responses. but just to be sure... i should never use my bass boost setting on the kicker amp?

when is it safe to even use bass boost?

When you have a oscope and know 100% how to use it.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

okay thanks a lot for your responses. but just to be sure... i should never use my bass boost setting on the kicker amp?

when is it safe to even use bass boost?

you wont like this answer but its true for a lot of things here:

you will know when its safe to use, when you know how to use it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.