04 GTO System 4/17 UPDATE Pg.4 06 GTO 500RWHP

alright so i received my sundown 2500 today and it looks sick its also very heavy. Im going to order some knukoncepts ofc wire since many say cca is not to good and thats what i have now. Although i havent installed it yet i might need an extra battery in the trunk so if someone can help me in choosing a good sized xs battery i dont think i will need a 3100 but you guys let me know. Also if anyone can help me design a new box not looking for anything fancy since there is no room in my car i wanted to go with one that has a kerfed port. I am still thinking witch sub to go with either a fi btl n2 12 or 15. i want to know if the space i have is good for the 15 or if i should just get a 12. thanks any help is appreciated in this thread. :popcorn:

I like 12's personally but its always what sounds best to You. Fi makes sediment woofers so does dc audio. If you're still looking for a good component set under 70 got to WWW.audiosavings.com and get you're self a pair of cadence zrs series and you'll be very pleased for the money they sound great. I've fed them 100 rms for a long time now and they still sound beautiful!

Welcome to smd

"TheKiaMonster"

2001 Kia Sephia 1.8l Auto

* Kenwood KDC-MP235 Head Unit

* Sony EQ XE-90MKII & Performance Teknique ICBM-7212 Crossover

* Cadence ZRS65KS Component (Front Stage)

* Factory Rear

* MTX TC-4004 (Mids & Highs)

* Crunch V-2800 (LoW's)

* 2 12" DC Audio Lvl 2's ( Aero Ported 4 cubes, tuned @ 35 Hz)

* 0ga scosche and 2x 4ga runs for ground

* 1800cca Lexus Battery

* Stock alt80a

* 100amp battery Isolator

SMD RULES!

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidsdaddy1121?feature=mhee#p/u/0/mEZSLllhspo

• 2 weeks later...

So i got more stuff in and i continued with the amp install

img6157f.jpg

img6155a.jpg

I made this amp rack with some spare wood i had laying around i think it came out pretty good

img6138z.jpg

img6139x.jpg

img6140s.jpg

This is how it will go its going to be put where the spare tire used to be

img6141s.jpg

I had to remove my rear seats to pass the 0 gauge and also the new rcas

img6144l.jpg

img6145l.jpg

The holes where the wires used to pass were kind of sharp since they were just cut open with some shears so i sanded them down.

img6146j.jpg

img6147u.jpg

img6148u.jpg

img6149i.jpg

img6151gc.jpg

I recommend throwing grommets on those holes so the wires don't get cut or stripped and ruin your equipment, or worse, catch it all on fire!

Tuned in to see how this turns out man!

Edit: I see that you loomed it... Good job bro.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

After i cleaned that up i started to run the 0 Gauge

img6153o.jpg

Then i had to take out the headunit to run the new rcas since the old ones werent to good.

img6159uh.jpg

I decided to put the bass knob inbetween the seat since it is more closer for me to reach. It also was a good place to put it since when i move the seat it moves with it. :yahoo:

img6164k.jpg

After that i put some wire loom in the hole just to be safe that the wires wont be scratched or cut with the metal.

img6161w.jpg

img6162t.jpg

img6160p.jpg

Then all i had to do was wire everything up and screw it down.

img6167hv.jpg

img6168.jpg

After i set my gain with the dd1 and it was very simple i used the -5db track just to be safe and it sounds great a whole lot better than my old hifonics amp.

I took out my sub so i could run some 8 gauge wire to it since it had some 12 gauge cheap wire.

img6169c.jpg

The coil still looks new and the sub is still stiff.

img6172ue.jpg

Heres a comparison of the old speaker wire with the new.

img6173f.jpg

I hooked it up and checked to see if it worked good.

img6174d.jpg

I ran the wire through the port for now since i might get a different sub and build another box

img6175h.jpg

And since you can never have a day without accidents i dropped my phone while adjusting the amp and the glass cracked

img6177ep.jpg

I recommend throwing grommets on those holes so the wires don't get cut or stripped and ruin your equipment, or worse, catch it all on fire!

Tuned in to see how this turns out man!

Edit: I see that you loomed it... Good job bro.

Thanks man i would have gone with grommets but i had a bunch of wire loom.

Archived