Hey just bought a 2005 chevy colorado. My system is 2000rms with about 4000 watt peak. The alternator in this vehicle from what i understand is only 100 amps? My last vehicle had a 220 amp alt with a single yellow top and it kept my voltage at 14V constant. So what I need to know is has anyone put a big system into these vehicles what alternator did you buy and how much? just a little information is what I am looking for. Thanks for the help

134db

First of all, don't ever list "peak" values lmao.

Second, I have an Envoy which should be the same vehicle just SUV vs truck. What engine do you have, the I6 or the 5.3? I have a 5.3 and went with a Mechman 270 amp. Got a Sundown 4500 with 2 Group 31's in the back and a Group 34 in the front, drop to about 13.2 on music full tilt.

First of all, don't ever list "peak" values lmao.

Second, I have an Envoy which should be the same vehicle just SUV vs truck. What engine do you have, the I6 or the 5.3? I have a 5.3 and went with a Mechman 270 amp. Got a Sundown 4500 with 2 Group 31's in the back and a Group 34 in the front, drop to about 13.2 on music full tilt.

134db

First of all thanks for the tip. Second of all dont fuckin lecture me about not listing peak why the hell wouldnt i list what my system is capable of? I said what rms my amps run at I would be stupid not to list what the max power the system is capable and will put out. People now know the most power I will be putting out. therefor people can tell how much amps the alternator will need to be.

134db

Colorado never came with a v8: unless it was a SD which didn't come out till like 09? Contact mechman or dc and see if they have anything. But don't go off there site, call them

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Because "max" isn't a realistic number. If your amp is 2000 rms, "4000 peak" the 4000 means NOTHING because you will NEVER see that power out of your amp. Quoting exactly what you said "why the hell wouldnt i list what my system is capable of?" your system is not capable of making the "peak power" so it means absolutely nothing.

If you went on ebay and bought an amp that was rated 100 watts rms, 10,000 watts peak, the only number that matters is 100 watts rms. Learn2caraudio

look at how many amps your system does pull by itself and if its more than what your alternator can support aside from what it was made for which is mostly your car by itself then call mechman or DCpower for what ever they recommend for you. Every install is different you could actually list the model of amp you have as well as the rest of if any electrical you have like big 3 or if you ran 0 gauge to anything. The more you tell us the more you can get help with. RMS if you are actually getting that means more than peak power.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg