Second Skin Audio

4th Order Bandpass Tuning

J-Squared

I'm trying to design a 4th order bandpass to be used in a blow-through with 2 DC XL 18's. I am having trouble designing this box because I can't figure out how to tune a bandpass box. Can someone explain this to me? Rusty recommended that the sealed chambers be 3ft3 and the vented chamber be 6ft3. I would like my bandpass to be loudest in the frequency range 30hz-45hz ( I play a lot of Decaf's music). To what frequency would I tune it to, so that I can achieve this, and how do I get it to be that frequency? If anymore info is needed please ask.

Thanks!

J-Squared

My Build Log

Deck- Eclipse 3100

Subs- 2X DC XL 18's

Wiring and Fuses- Stinger and Monster Cable

Sub Amp- Sundown SAZ 1500 V.2

Speaker Amp- Coustic 360U

Alternator - Powermaster Alt.

DCSig.jpg

I'm trying to design a 4th order bandpass to be used in a blow-through with 2 DC XL 18's. I am having trouble designing this box because I can't figure out how to tune a bandpass box. Can someone explain this to me? Rusty recommended that the sealed chambers be 3ft3 and the vented chamber be 6ft3. I would like my bandpass to be loudest in the frequency range 30hz-45hz ( I play a lot of Decaf's music). To what frequency would I tune it to, so that I can achieve this, and how do I get it to be that frequency? If anymore info is needed please ask.

Thanks!

J-Squared

dont give away rusty's secrets! :P:lol: JK.

do u want 2 separate sealed chambers or a common chamber?

try asking bill (kingsuv) about his blowthru.

he has a pr of lvl 5 18s, but im pretty sure something close to his would do good for ur XLs... :good:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

A 45hz tuning would give you good low-end. Also, that 3ft^3 and 6ft^3 is going to be per sub.

Is it really? I could swear Rusty said that it was a total of 12 cubes. Alright, any recommendation's on how to get this exact frequency?

Also, I want the subs to be in 2 separate chambers.

Thanks again!

J-Squared

Edit: although I could swear he said 12 cubes, 18 would make more sense, considering the recommended Ported box is 6 cubes per sub.

My Build Log

Deck- Eclipse 3100

Subs- 2X DC XL 18's

Wiring and Fuses- Stinger and Monster Cable

Sub Amp- Sundown SAZ 1500 V.2

Speaker Amp- Coustic 360U

Alternator - Powermaster Alt.

DCSig.jpg

A 45hz tuning would give you good low-end. Also, that 3ft^3 and 6ft^3 is going to be per sub.

Is it really? I could swear Rusty said that it was a total of 12 cubes. Alright, any recommendation's on how to get this exact frequency?

Also, I want the subs to be in 2 separate chambers.

Thanks again!

J-Squared

Edit: although I could swear he said 12 cubes, 18 would make more sense, considering the recommended Ported box is 6 cubes per sub.

a ported box has nothing to do with a bandpass, there 2 different animals... :trippy: .

u going to a 4th order is going to be like upgrading from sealed to ported ;).

id tune urs between 48-52hz.

for my 4th order im trying to design it will be a fairly compact 4th order & a close ratio.

each 18 will see ~2.25 sealed & ~2.75 ported =].

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived