J-Squared Posted March 11, 2011 Report Posted March 11, 2011 I'm trying to design a 4th order bandpass to be used in a blow-through with 2 DC XL 18's. I am having trouble designing this box because I can't figure out how to tune a bandpass box. Can someone explain this to me? Rusty recommended that the sealed chambers be 3ft3 and the vented chamber be 6ft3. I would like my bandpass to be loudest in the frequency range 30hz-45hz ( I play a lot of Decaf's music). To what frequency would I tune it to, so that I can achieve this, and how do I get it to be that frequency? If anymore info is needed please ask. Thanks! J-Squared My Build Log Deck- Eclipse 3100 Subs- 2X DC XL 18's Wiring and Fuses- Stinger and Monster Cable Sub Amp- Sundown SAZ 1500 V.2 Speaker Amp- Coustic 360U Alternator - Powermaster Alt.
matt402 Posted March 11, 2011 Report Posted March 11, 2011 I'm trying to design a 4th order bandpass to be used in a blow-through with 2 DC XL 18's. I am having trouble designing this box because I can't figure out how to tune a bandpass box. Can someone explain this to me? Rusty recommended that the sealed chambers be 3ft3 and the vented chamber be 6ft3. I would like my bandpass to be loudest in the frequency range 30hz-45hz ( I play a lot of Decaf's music). To what frequency would I tune it to, so that I can achieve this, and how do I get it to be that frequency? If anymore info is needed please ask. Thanks! J-Squared dont give away rusty's secrets! JK. do u want 2 separate sealed chambers or a common chamber? try asking bill (kingsuv) about his blowthru. he has a pr of lvl 5 18s, but im pretty sure something close to his would do good for ur XLs...
RAM_Designs Posted March 11, 2011 Report Posted March 11, 2011 A 45hz tuning would give you good low-end. Also, that 3ft^3 and 6ft^3 is going to be per sub. Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> 2200+ designs since March 2011...
J-Squared Posted March 12, 2011 Author Report Posted March 12, 2011 A 45hz tuning would give you good low-end. Also, that 3ft^3 and 6ft^3 is going to be per sub. Is it really? I could swear Rusty said that it was a total of 12 cubes. Alright, any recommendation's on how to get this exact frequency? Also, I want the subs to be in 2 separate chambers. Thanks again! J-Squared Edit: although I could swear he said 12 cubes, 18 would make more sense, considering the recommended Ported box is 6 cubes per sub. My Build Log Deck- Eclipse 3100 Subs- 2X DC XL 18's Wiring and Fuses- Stinger and Monster Cable Sub Amp- Sundown SAZ 1500 V.2 Speaker Amp- Coustic 360U Alternator - Powermaster Alt.
matt402 Posted March 12, 2011 Report Posted March 12, 2011 A 45hz tuning would give you good low-end. Also, that 3ft^3 and 6ft^3 is going to be per sub. Is it really? I could swear Rusty said that it was a total of 12 cubes. Alright, any recommendation's on how to get this exact frequency? Also, I want the subs to be in 2 separate chambers. Thanks again! J-Squared Edit: although I could swear he said 12 cubes, 18 would make more sense, considering the recommended Ported box is 6 cubes per sub. a ported box has nothing to do with a bandpass, there 2 different animals... . u going to a 4th order is going to be like upgrading from sealed to ported . id tune urs between 48-52hz. for my 4th order im trying to design it will be a fairly compact 4th order & a close ratio. each 18 will see ~2.25 sealed & ~2.75 ported =].
brian222 Posted April 22, 2013 Report Posted April 22, 2013 bandpass better @ 37hz 42hz 48 hz 55hz or higher???
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.