First tower build

Damn dude, that is pretty nice, hey what are the info on those speakers, and prices, I have been looking for small subwoofers for ever. I bought a 2.1 Insignia set a while back and when I got to taking out the sub to look at it, the magnet WAS HUGE! Bigger than the sub, cone, and case. Then when the mid/high towers took a crap, and the sub was still good, I went and got 2 more, with now the subs that sound like shit, and when played at any high of a volume, distort and are horribalz. I just want to find a small sub I can make a nice custom set out of.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good! I gotta make me some towers. Either that or fix up those towers I have sitting under the house. I think I'll start with the ones under the house.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Sorry, this project got put on hold awhile back. I had some expenses that came up and have no money to finish these at the moment. I should be picking back up on this project mid way through the month.

'01 Honda Accord EX 4 Cyl4/18/13

Started new build

Headunit: JVC kdx250bt

Sub Amp: Hifonics Hifi 2000d

Door Amp:

Rear Amp:

Sub(s): SQ HDC3-12

Battery(s): Stock

Wire: Knu 1/0 and 4awg

Big3:

Picked the project back up. I got all my holes cut and speakers wire and mounted just for simple testing. I need to make/buy my crossovers soon. I'm painting the boxes this Thursday or over the weekend, whenever I have the time.

But I'm wanting to build my crossovers, can anyone help me design a circuit for an 8-Ohm tweeter with a frequency of 1kHz, two 4-Ohm midranges set at 80-600Hz, and a 4-Ohm woofer set for below 100Hz?

Any input would greatly be appreciated as always.

Started new build

Door Amp:

Rear Amp:

Big3:

I am confused on your crossovers, that looks really bad, put the midrange on were the subs stop, and what about 601-1khz?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yeah, i decided im gonna just buy them.

anyways here some new pics

Image04122011171500.jpg

Image04122011173423.jpg

Image04132011222405.jpg

towers arent painted yet. I was going to but than i decided not to for some reason.

Should be soon though

Started new build

Door Amp:

Rear Amp:

Big3:

• 11 months later...

Alright. I havent updated this post in a long time but I figured I might as well. I finished up these towers a few months ago and now plan on to remodel them some. I snapped a few pics today with my phone so the quality is a bit bad. I decided to go with black since every thing else is/going to be. I ended up making a desk/stand that has a keyboard tray that raises up and down in a lever action. I didnt want to do a pull out tray because I always bang my knees on them. Anyways here you go.

IMG_20120418_164912.jpg

Been working on a new desk/stand. Needs to be painted and edges rounded.

IMG_20120418_164944.jpg

Desk with the keyboard tray down.

The towels are there because I just discovered a new leak after a week of storms here.

Started new build

Door Amp:

Rear Amp:

Big3:

Nice!

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm