Sonic Electronix

Alternator for Blazer - Budget concious?

stock. I have a digital but unhooked it, I have blacked out windows and I got a bad reflection off it at night. Between that and my double din it was too much light (I think I'm getting old, sounds like something my dad would say :)) It was reading right there with the one on the dash anyway just responded faster (give or take a couple tenths).

Hmmm... Stock ones have been known just to go above the middle when charging above 12.7 and go below the middle when it charges below 12.7

To be honest save for a little longer and get the right one and not have to worry if it's enough or if it's going to fail on you.

you win some, you lose some

I also didn't consider I can probably sell my stock alt for a few bucks to cover cost as well. I just hope that the DC 190/140 idle will cover the load of 2 PB xa 3000d's. I am pretty sure it would adequately take the PB xa4000d I have now but those 2 3k's draw a ton of current! I can get those batteries for $100 a piece which is an amazing deal but I don't necessarily think adding any more battery reserve is going to help the issue long term or running at idle for comps.

I've never run in any comps-do they let you rev your RPM's or are you expected to run at idle? Not very familiar with how the comps work, just want to try 1 or 2 to see how I can do. I have my current 18 in a custom acoustical line-x enclosure (4 coats) and it sounds absolutely amazing for 1 18! I've heard a lot of single 18 settups and I haven't heard anything that could touch it in that box. My buddy has a solo-x 18 on his sundown 3500 and it isn't even comparable. (not trying to sound conceded about my system because its not anything special but I think it would be a competitor in some comps).

check the classifieds. a few gm alts in there that will fit 4.3L 5.3L and 5.7L chevys

How do you get to the classifieds on here? Kind of new to this forum, didn't see a tab to get there or anything (feel like an idiot asking).

Edited by D_Roc

This is db drag racing rules

The contestant's vehicle may be running while in the judging lanes as long as the following conditions apply:

The contestant is competing in the Street Stock, Super Street, or Extreme Divisions of competition. Contestants competing in the Street and Street Max Divisions are prohibited from running their vehicles while in the judging lanes. (Please see Section 2 for a complete description of the Competitor Classification System.)

Operation of the vehicle or sound system must not endanger the judge, competitor, spectators, or any real or personal property on the premises.

The vehicle's parking brake must be set.

The wheels must be chocked.

The hood must be closed.

The maximum engine idle speed must not exceed 2000 RPM.

A remote "engine kill switch" must be easily accessible from outside of the vehicle for those competitors that are bolting (clamping, strapping, etc.) the doors of the vehicle closed while in the judging lanes.

you win some, you lose some

This is db drag racing rules

The contestant's vehicle may be running while in the judging lanes as long as the following conditions apply:

The contestant is competing in the Street Stock, Super Street, or Extreme Divisions of competition. Contestants competing in the Street and Street Max Divisions are prohibited from running their vehicles while in the judging lanes. (Please see Section 2 for a complete description of the Competitor Classification System.)

Operation of the vehicle or sound system must not endanger the judge, competitor, spectators, or any real or personal property on the premises.

The vehicle's parking brake must be set.

The wheels must be chocked.

The hood must be closed.

The maximum engine idle speed must not exceed 2000 RPM.

A remote "engine kill switch" must be easily accessible from outside of the vehicle for those competitors that are bolting (clamping, strapping, etc.) the doors of the vehicle closed while in the judging lanes.

Wow thats a list of conditions. I had no idea there was a complete written set of rules that specific. I went to one here in Memphis and people basically drove up, cranked it for a sec, and whoever had the highest score well.....that was that. It was a local pawn shop putting it on though so I assume it wasn't very well regulated, HA! I was just there shopping for some tools when they were putting it on, didn't pay too much attention to the rules.