about the kicker subs sounding "muddy" I don't think they do in the proper enclosure but if it sounds great to you, when you hear the difference in just pure sound quality you'll say damn these lvl 4's sound a lot better and louder, I noticed it when I did a direct swap from CVX's to Lvl 4's in the same exact box the lvl 4's played everything much better than the CVX's even though they weren't getting rated power. I'd get the DC's if I were you.

Cool, thanks. That is exactly what I needed to hear.

Yeah I'm thinking I need to stick to the plan, and go with DC

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

If you've been dreaming of a 4th order with DC's then I'd just wait and get those. Although I can understand "chomping at the bit". So either way really, is a win situation. Great deal now, 4th order now, then start saving immediately for the DC's and swap asap! Or, take the money you're going to put into the L5's and get the 3 DC's and swap now and save immediately for the other 3. I'd say go DC buddy! Final opinion! :drinks:

What's up Purple? Surely I wouldn't try to sway you either way, but if I were you, I would try the Kickers. You are familiar with them already. You have put so much into your ride and system to make it detailed and different, out of the norm so to speak (On this forum and tastefully done at least). No offense to anyone on here, but you see so much DC. Again, no disrespect to anyone.

Remember this too, you are never really done upgrading. You can build the wall with the kickers, enjoy it for a while, sell them and then go to DC if you so desire. Either way, your skill and passion will make it special for you and enjoyable for all of us that can appreciate good work.

Can't wait to see whats next. Keep up the good work

If you've been dreaming of a 4th order with DC's then I'd just wait and get those. Although I can understand "chomping at the bit". So either way really, is a win situation. Great deal now, 4th order now, then start saving immediately for the DC's and swap asap! Or, take the money you're going to put into the L5's and get the 3 DC's and swap now and save immediately for the other 3. I'd say go DC buddy! Final opinion! :drinks:

What's up Purple? Surely I wouldn't try to sway you either way, but if I were you, I would try the Kickers. You are familiar with them already. You have put so much into your ride and system to make it detailed and different, out of the norm so to speak (On this forum and tastefully done at least). No offense to anyone on here, but you see so much DC. Again, no disrespect to anyone.

Remember this too, you are never really done upgrading. You can build the wall with the kickers, enjoy it for a while, sell them and then go to DC if you so desire. Either way, your skill and passion will make it special for you and enjoyable for all of us that can appreciate good work.

Can't wait to see whats next. Keep up the good work

Thanks guys for reading and giving your opinions. I am really up in the air on this. You both have very good points of view.

I guess either way will be pretty cool. Hmm what to do...

And again, thanks for the input. I highly value both of your opinions! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

No problem! I'm sure, knowing the way we all work, whatever you do will be changed at some point anyway! :peepwall:

This is so true! Lol!

First, I wanted to say a big huge thanks to everyone that voted for this build this month in SOTM. I WILL do better, and keep trying, and maybe just maybe one day.....

Okay, so this is now officially 100% THE END of Stage 2 of this build.

I hope you all have enjoyed this as much as I have enjoyed following your awesome builds! I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has jumped in with their advice, opinion, and encouragement. This is not only what makes me love this site so very much, but also what makes it the #1 car audio web site on the planet! I have learned SO much, and actually changed as a person, and both in ways words can't begin to explain! I just hope it turns out as well in Stage 3, and I will be one lucky guy!

And thanks to Mr. Steve Meade for letting me constantly bombard his website with my pictures and post. As well as the staff for dealing with everything in the most professional way. Your guys are what make it all happen, and I for one sincerely thank you!

SMD FTW!!!!

Stay tuned for the beginning of the "Kickin Cruiser - Stage 3" Coming VERY soon!!!! :clapping:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

CANT WAIT TO SEE IT!!

Keep up the AMAZING work!! I will be tuned! Trust me! :clapping:

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

sorry three 12s vs 10 12s im taking kicker on that one. whats an l5 sell for? if you dont like it could you unload all 10 of them for 125 each and then pay for your level 4s?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

What about 3 12's??

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

sorry three 12s vs 10 12s im taking kicker on that one. whats an l5 sell for? if you dont like it could you unload all 10 of them for 125 each and then pay for your level 4s?

Thanks N8! I was really hoping you would chime in on that one. You give some of the best advice on the forum, and so what you say truly means a lot! Yeah the L5's sell for about 170 new, so I should be able to get 125 or so out of them. And Especially with the new rules change in meca, where cone area is now king too, I'm thinking the same thing. I'd be a fool not to go ahead and make my dream come true! Thanks again man for ALWAYS knowing what to do!

What about 3 12's??

He was refering to the question I had in the last page, about getting 3 DC's or 10 Kicker L5's. Cause I can get either for about the same price, which is one hell of a deal on the Kickers. So, I was thinking about just doing 10 - 12's in a 4th order.....

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived